Dow Plunges 387 points today

WBunch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
What are your feelings about the last few weeks of the Markets Ups and Downs? Out of the the last 14 trading sessions 10 were either triple digit gains or losses. Any views on weather this is a correction or just bad juju..

I know but there are some long term affects of some of the possible reasons for the recent drops. If Sub-Prime Lending woes continue it could have devastating affects on the markets and the economy for a while.

Personally, I think it is all tied in to Barry Bonds and a vast right wing conspiracy . . .

I know but there are some long term affects of some of the possible reasons for the recent drops. If Sub-Prime Lending woes continue it could have devastating affects on the markets and the economy for a while.

As John said:

Unless you are selling it is only a "paper loss" and doesn't mean a thing. I won't make any changes in my portfolio based on that information. It's all media hype as far as I'm concerned. I really could care less what the market does on a daily basis.

People buy insurance regardless of what the economy is doing. December has traditionally been my best month.

As John said:

Unless you are selling it is only a "paper loss" and doesn't mean a thing. I won't make any changes in my portfolio based on that information. It's all media hype as far as I'm concerned. I really could care less what the market does on a daily basis.

People buy insurance regardless of what the economy is doing. December has traditionally been my best month.

I wasn't referring to a insurance slow down. And I'm not saying people should adjust their portfolios unless there is a longer term trend. I was just throwing out the info for conversation. As a fee based advisor I get a few phone calls around times like this from clients that need hand holding..

Corrections are a natural phenomena (spellcheck was used with that word). We've had a pretty nice run the last 12 months, so this is somewhat expected.

The Fed said its going to keep its hands off, and I think that will ultimately be a positive development. If you can end the year at about 6%-8% up, you did well.

International Funds have done very well this year...Easily double digits. They're in my mix, but not heavily. I'm not sure about Roger Sweet's portfolio though.

I wasn't referring to a insurance slow down. And I'm not saying people should adjust their portfolios unless there is a longer term trend. I was just throwing out the info for conversation. As a fee based advisor I get a few phone calls around times like this from clients that need hand holding..

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across like I was agrueing the point with you, just making a comment because I can.

I'm trying to catch up to Senior's number of posts. LOL LOL LOL

Back