Dr Offices refusing certain companies Med Supp

jcorrigan6

Am I wrong??? I thought if a doctors office accepted Medicare supplements, they had to accept all Med Supps. I have two offices that refuse to take Humana Plan G. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Typically all it takes is reaching out to the office billing manager. We got that call all the time during the Duck's short appearance in the Medsup Market. If they accept Original Medicare, they take any and all supplements.

That is who I talked to, she was adamant that they do not take Humana. I wasn't going to argue with her.

Just tell your client to give them their Medicare card and say that’s all she has. It’s her primary
But then the doctor's office might want her 20% up front and Humana will pay them, then the patient will have to get the doctor to refund the 2nd payment. Then they'd realize that Humana will pay. Silly doctor's offices. :wacko:

But then the doctor's office might want her 20% up front.

No because they have no idea if she has met her deductible yet.
That’s been my experience at least. I had it happen once with moo and once with uhc. I told the client just to say they had Medicare only and it all worked out.

The OP’s lady behind the desk is just an ***.
The OP needs to call back with more conviction and say, look lady you’re wrong. This is how this works and if you don’t trust me, call Humana and ask if you can accept a Med supp. Not a MAPD.
The op needs to explain how it works and there should be no issue.

Latest posts

Back