Dr Offices refusing certain companies Med Supp

Feb 5, 2019

1. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    But if the doctor's office doesn't think she has a supplement, in their eyes the patient will owe (whether the Part B Deductible has been met or not) a minimum of 20%.

I agree that it's BS. I've had to call a few doctor's offices before to "educate" them. Some really stupid people out there. :yes:

2. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    This this this so much this

Billing manager probably does not know much but what they do know is they Don't take Humana

Since they probably run into Humana MA plans so much they probably won't budge, its burned into memory.

Why not sell a better company with more commission less hassles and won't steal your clients

vic120, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    Both of my doctors (completely unaffiliated) have signs hanging in their patient rooms stating that they no longer accept Humana Medicare Plans. I have corrected them several times over the years that they DO take humana Medicare Supplements. What they don't take is Humana PPO and HMO Part C plans. They agree but don't understand.

No one ever buys Humana Med Sups in this area anyway unless some State Farm agent actually sells one.

Newby, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    They don’t pay much up there?
    They pay a lot here in FL with the lowest or next to the lowest rates. And the only company to include Silver sneakers.

Chazm, Feb 5, 2019
  5. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    SilverSneakers is advertising independently now on T.V.. :yes:

6. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't looked to compare commission, in a few years and have never considered them for, med supp because of my experience with MA and being quick to take a client< However a few years ago I believe they were several points below the rest, But again that is only part the reason

vic120, Feb 5, 2019
  7. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    In most of the states they pay 20% (street level). In other states, such as TN they pay 18%.

8. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

Ok a little low, not as bad as I thought, still wouldn't write them unless someone was really stuck on them

vic120, Feb 5, 2019
  9. somarco

somarco That Medicare Expert Guy

State:
    Georgia
    She is an idiot

You can tell her I said so.

Todd is right. She is thinking of MA, not Medigap.

She is a freakin idiot. Needs to be fired.

somarco, Feb 5, 2019
  10. sshafran

sshafran Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    I was "forced" to sell Humana med supps this past AEP - several UHC clients got the "no more SilverSneakers" letter and were wanting an alternative.

Those who got that letter, some I wrote Anthem, some I wrote Humana.

Frankly, the comp isn't too bad (especially compared to UHC), and their e-app is very good (way better than Anthem's). Underwriting is fair as well.

They went from the box of "why would I sell them?" to "this is a decent option for the right situation."