Dr Offices refusing certain companies Med Supp

No because they have no idea if she has met her deductible yet.
That’s been my experience at least. I had it happen once with moo and once with uhc. I told the client just to say they had Medicare only and it all worked out.

The OP’s lady behind the desk is just an ***.
The OP needs to call back with more conviction and say, look lady you’re wrong. This is how this works and if you don’t trust me, call Humana and ask if you can accept a Med supp. Not a MAPD.
The op needs to explain how it works and there should be no issue.
But if the doctor's office doesn't think she has a supplement, in their eyes the patient will owe (whether the Part B Deductible has been met or not) a minimum of 20%.

I agree that it's BS. I've had to call a few doctor's offices before to "educate" them. Some really stupid people out there. :yes:

Yes......stop selling Humana Med Supps. :yes:

This this this so much this

Billing manager probably does not know much but what they do know is they Don't take Humana

Since they probably run into Humana MA plans so much they probably won't budge, its burned into memory.

Why not sell a better company with more commission less hassles and won't steal your clients

Both of my doctors (completely unaffiliated) have signs hanging in their patient rooms stating that they no longer accept Humana Medicare Plans. I have corrected them several times over the years that they DO take humana Medicare Supplements. What they don't take is Humana PPO and HMO Part C plans. They agree but don't understand.

No one ever buys Humana Med Sups in this area anyway unless some State Farm agent actually sells one.

This this this so much this

Billing manager probably does not know much but what they do know is they Don't take Humana

Since they probably run into Humana MA plans so much they probably won't budge, its burned into memory.

Why not sell a better company with more commission less hassles and won't steal your clients

They don’t pay much up there?
They pay a lot here in FL with the lowest or next to the lowest rates. And the only company to include Silver sneakers.

They don’t pay much up there?
They pay a lot here in FL with the lowest or next to the lowest rates. And the only company to include Silver sneakers.

I haven't looked to compare commission, in a few years and have never considered them for, med supp because of my experience with MA and being quick to take a client< However a few years ago I believe they were several points below the rest, But again that is only part the reason

I haven't looked to compare commission, in a few years and have never considered them for, med supp because of my experience with MA and being quick to take a client< However a few years ago I believe they were several points below the rest, But again that is only part the reason

In most of the states they pay 20% (street level). In other states, such as TN they pay 18%.

I was "forced" to sell Humana med supps this past AEP - several UHC clients got the "no more SilverSneakers" letter and were wanting an alternative.

Those who got that letter, some I wrote Anthem, some I wrote Humana.

Frankly, the comp isn't too bad (especially compared to UHC), and their e-app is very good (way better than Anthem's). Underwriting is fair as well.

They went from the box of "why would I sell them?" to "this is a decent option for the right situation."

Latest posts

Back