Driving

I always drove 30-60 minutes from home. But I lived and worked near Indianapolis. If you live or want to work in rural areas, you will have to drive further.

I'm generally around 60-90 minutes away. I focus on a wide swath of a heavily populated county (Dallas), and I live one county to the north.

But sometimes I get a random lead or referral in a more distant area. I try to sell those by phone, using a company that allows either telesales or mailed apps. I took an app like that over the phone yesterday that's two states away (I am licensed there). If I have to get a signature in person, it's already mostly sold before I get in the car. I've driven a few hours away on deals like that a few times, but I'm starting to feel my age too much to do that very often.

But I agree with Doug. How much effort are you willing to put in? I don't usually have to drive far away. There's plenty of opportunity where I live. But if that weren't the case, I'd get some road tunes going and drive, man!

Last edited:
I have always stayed within a 60 mile radius.. That includes several good sized towns and two of the four most populous counties in TN. If a fellow can't find enough people to talk to in that area, something is wrong.

2 miles to my office where I sell over the phone.

bradyhangin.gif

Generally drive 30 to 45 minutes into the areas I work. Did a month driving 90 minutes to an area of leads and I felt absolutely spoiled knowing I had so many people much closer than this.

I think the best way for you to figure it out is if you have a major sports franchise within an hour if you travel shouldn’t be an issue if the best thing you have is a division three sports team near you you’re going to expect to drive...

Back