Droid, Iphone, Blackberry, Other?

crons79

Guru
100+ Post Club
At a family affair this weekend some of the business members of my family were discussing the cell phones they use. My cousin has the Blackberry Storm and loves it. I was wondering what phone other agents are using and what features do you use on it that you couldn't live without?!

Instead of starting a 3rd phone thread in a week I'm just gonna piggyback on this one. Currently wedded to T-Mobile and thinking about a smart-type phone with GPS. Dude at the retail outlet told me my best 2 choices were the BB 9700 or the Cliq (Droid) w/the slideout keyboard.

I couldn't care less about the Twitter, Facebook, Myspace nonsense but email - Outlook and Gmail - would be good.

Discuss.

(Thanks in advance, crons79.)

No problem. Just doing what I can to toe the line around here. ;)

My cousin was very high up on the food chain at Arby's and he used the Blackberry Storm. When he left there he got the same axact phone because he said he was so used to it. He didn't like the touch screen of other phones so he wanted one without that option. My friend has the IPhone and put a protective screen over the touch screen which he says makes the IPhone better.

I wanted to know if any agents where using any phone for cold calling, following up on leads, checking email, and any other apps I haven't thought of?

Last edited:
At a family affair this weekend some of the business members of my family were discussing the cell phones they use. My cousin has the Blackberry Storm and loves it. I was wondering what phone other agents are using and what features do you use on it that you couldn't live without?!

iPhone apps I couldn't live without:

Mail
Safari
iPod
NYTimes
Facebook
Surf Report
Maps
Calendar
My CRM (custom app)

Mail
Safari <----Is that for browsing the internet?
iPod
NYTimes
Facebook
Surf Report
Maps
Calendar <-----what calendar program are you using?
My CRM (custom app) <---- can you share what CRM you are using?

I just installed Xpensetracker on iphone. It keeps tracks of mileage, expenses, etc. Also,can take pic of receipts and all this information can be kept on computer ready for end of year.
Other applications as well. I searched under expenses, productivity and found some others... This app was $4.99

If it's a good financial article, why do you care if it came from a more liberal vs. more conservative newspaper?

And with that...another post goes screaming off track.
I bet any smart phone could give a crap whether it's viewing conservative or liberal media.

Back