Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Will Continue With No Change

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Just curious f the changes at Settler, especially the rate increases will cause agents that are currently using them to stop doing so..

If you are going to use them, under what circumstances? .

I don’t think it was that drastic a rate increase guys cry over spilled milk that often?

They were a mid priced company to start with...The rate increase pretty well put them in the upper range on the Silver... Everybody wants to compare with Gold, which if a person qualifies for it is not too bad but the Silver plan is the one with the two year look back that most companies use. However, it seems every company that has repriced their product has raised prices.. maybe others will follow??

I think there are very few low-price leaders with broad country wide coverage. So these lifeshield,
Pekin, kskj comps aren’t always fair/ When it comes to the big players it’s not like they just price themselves out of the market compared to Aetna.

I think there are very few low-price leaders with broad country wide coverage. So these lifeshield,
Pekin, kskj comps aren’t always fair/ When it comes to the big players it’s not like they just price themselves out of the market compared to Aetna.

Aetna is not a fair comparison either. They wanted out of the FE market so they just blew up the product. Settlers actually believes they are a player. And they are in limited states too.

There never were a player. They made an unusable product more unusable.

They do have one thing though, Bontellivision is the funniest stuff to come along in FE marketing. I know Senior Life sends out comic books. But they got nothing on Bontellivision.:D:D

will still try to use them. I have a HUGE block of old Settlers clients. Updates and add on's will be done. I might write a few new ones with them

Just curious f the changes at Settler, especially the rate increases will cause agents that are currently using them to stop doing so..

They did have about the best Single Pay rates...not anymore. It would take a rare situation to have to use them now.:no:

Personally, rates of a carrier is not the first thing I look at. If a carrier has the lowest priced plan and is constantly making mistakes, you will lose clients business. Just look at how many companies are messing up SS draft billing.

With that said, how is Settlers processes, and is it easy to do business with them? I was surprised late last year to hear how much total volume they brought in for FE. They appeared to be much larger than that.

Yes, but in a competitive final expense market you also need to be within a reasonable premium asked to avoid being replaced. I recently ran into an American amicable case your organization sold and the guy replaced it with Mutual of Omaha about three months later.

Back