Drug Card

Certainly not for situations like you describe though for many under 65 it would be
Perhaps, but for those with insurance it's of zero value. For those taking nothing but generics it's of virtually zero value. For those taking brand drugs Canadian pharmacies likely are a better value. For those taking multiple brand drugs they likely have bought Obamacrap.

So is this of value to anyone?

Rick

Perhaps, but for those with insurance it's of zero value. For those taking nothing but generics it's of virtually zero value. For those taking brand drugs Canadian pharmacies likely are a better value. For those taking multiple brand drugs they likely have bought Obamacrap.

Rick

Using those scenarios almost nothing makes sense to purchase; reality is though many don’t fit or aren’t doing as you describe or not a fit for them

For those and many others it is a good value

Using those scenarios almost nothing makes sense to purchase; reality is though many don’t fit or aren’t doing as you describe or not a fit for them

So it is not a good value for those taking a number of generics, a number of brand names, or some combination.

It is not a good value for someone that does not take any med's.

And it is not a good value for those who know how to shop for the best price.

So it is not a good value for those taking a number of generics, a number of brand names, or some combination.

It is not a good value for someone that does not take any med's.

And it is not a good value for those who know how to shop for the best price.

But it's a GREAT value to those who get paid to "give" it away.

Rick

Yes it is $200 per month cap. The real question is, how much does one save over a free card like GoodRx?

Oh, wait.

Why would an agent recommend a free card when there is no comp to them? Much better to offer something of lesser value but they can get paid.

GoodRX has terrible pricing compared to National . . .

Rick

Or for those who prefer a US based, rather than Canadian based, interface between themselves and an overseas supplier, ProgressiveRX is also an option. At least in a situation with which I am familiar, Progressive offers a far greater savings than the difference between the two drug cards.

Or for those who prefer a US based, rather than Canadian based, interface between themselves and an overseas supplier, ProgressiveRX is also an option. At least in a situation with which I am familiar, Progressive offers a far greater savings than the difference between the two drug cards.

And I just did a quick comparison using benicar, lipitor and crestor in their generic forms. GoodRx was cheaper for all of them.

So which "situation" did you find them to be of greater value? And please don't ask Tom Dumb for help. He's clueless.

Rick

Ok, sorry. I haven't looked up the current precise price at all locations-but I did look at goodrx and see I was incorrectly remembering the silverscript price for goodrx.

----------------------------------------
edit for clarification posted after rick's post below.
I was incorrectly remembering the price which I would pay for bystolic through my Silverscript PDP as the price which I would pay using the goodrx discount card. Both prices are academic to me since I have cheaper alternatives and I have not looked at them in some time. I remembered incorrectly, the goodrx price is lower than the Silverscript price.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So from memory, here is roughly what I see for the bystolic I use.

Silverscript on my PDP. 180 +/-
goodrx and the national drug card 140 +/-
progressive rx 60-65 +/-, plus a shipping charge (paid in us, shipped from india)
(as a side note, the first nebivolol generic approved by FDA for us distribution in 2020 is to be manufactured in India I believe)
A canadian pharmarcy shipping british retail packaging-from a variety of European pharmaceutical chains, I'd have to sit down and work out the precise amounts because of quantity differences - but comes out less than half of progressive price.

Last edited:
Back