Drug Testing Agents

Do any Insurance companies require their new agents to pass a urine drug test?

Is there a reason for your concern? I have never been asked while an independent agent...If anyone would ask it most likely would be a captive outfit that would be bringing you in as an employee....

Also I don't think you should be advising someone while high :)

Not for contracting. As irony would have it, it's only the lower paying jobs that I've had where they've actually checked. Every companies handbook says they can do it, but few do. The only time I've ever had it happen is when I was applying to work directly for a carrier as a w2 employee, never as a 1099.

Dude, if it's psilocybin you're needing to hide they can only find that with a spinal tap. Or so I've heard.

If it's weed you might be hosed. Bust out some overdose dosage of niacin... but take it over a day's worth of time or you'll turn all red and flushed.

There's a valid reason I only drink beer.

psilocybin does NOT stay in your spine, its an urban myth, one that is often associated with LSD. Both are undetectable after a few days in the system, like cocaine, meth, and heroin. Marijuana can stay in the body for upto 3 months (stored in fat cells) following smoking/eating (if one is a chronic smoker, pardon the pun). The niacin flush is dangerous, and the masking drinks contain a good amount of that. I remember this kid drank one in my class in high school once, getting ready for his test. He turned bright red and had to be excused (got outa the drug testing).
Your best bet is to drink lots of water, apple cider vinegar, go to the sauna, and excercise/sweat it out. If your worried about hair follicles, you can find shampoos that strip out the drugs from your hair (which acts like a historic dipstick for your drug consumption), which you can strip out with bleach.

Back