Dumb Clients

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a customer that lives about 4 hours from me that I mailed his policy to. I am still showing an open requirement of no AOA mailed back. The kicker here is the guy's phone number has changed..

How do you all handle this type of situation?

How long before he loses his coverage?

How bad do you want the sale? Is it worth the 4 hour drive? Have you tried yellowpages.com and search by address?

I NEVER send out a policy until the client signs the release.

Got one approved almost 6 weeks ago. Sent the client the release. He signed it but did not pay his premium. (Policy was COD). Found out yesterday he FINALLY paid his premium.

Policy is going out today.

How bad do you want the sale? Is it worth the 4 hour drive? Have you tried yellowpages.com and search by address?

About $900... Advanced commish will charge back at some point if he doesnt send it back... Not sure how long Assurant will sit on it without AOA... Unless I get something in the general area, I'll prob let it charge back..

And yes, I did search on yellow pages.

I have a customer that lives about 4 hours from me that I mailed his policy to. I am still showing an open requirement of no AOA mailed back. The kicker here is the guy's phone number has changed..

How do you all handle this type of situation?

How long before he loses his coverage?

I would send the client an e-mail first and then a letter via certified mail w/ return receipt....stating that in order for him/her to use the plan they need to send back the AOA ASAP. If they go to use the plan and that letter has not been signed Assurant will deny the claim and they will be $@#$ out of luck. Assurant assumes the client has accepted the policy even if the (at least in the mid-atlantic area they do) AOA is not sent back in.

By sending the letter you are covering your 6 and you don't have to waste time driving. You also want to emphasize to the client that you need a good number to reach him in the event you need to talk.

Assurant will sit on the AOA forever. THey just won't pay any claims until they receive it. It's really not that big of deal/

Back