Dumping Your Spouse

Employer's are saving money by dumping spouse, fact or fiction?

If you are asking if employers could be saving money on their group health plan by making spouses ineligible, then my answer is probably. It all depends on how the "spouses" claims are performing. It could be that these claims are high and driving up the cost of the plan.

It depends on if you are liberal or conservative, and which lens you look through. Do you follow your heart or follow the money?

You're the kid that just has to touch that stove one more time to see if it is still hot, aren't you? :skeptical:

Yes Mommy I am :). .

----------

I don't want to dump my spouse! Do you want to dump yours?

No....I love to kid around here, I am on my second marriage and all I can say is the first opened my eyes to how wonderful my wife is not to mention the 3 kids we have together. I do however like to joke about an institution that has about half of all marriages end in divorce and the rest in death doesn't seem to be great either way :)

Let's look at the other side of things, will this prevent marriage? This morning while showering I was thinking, why get married and pay higher taxes??
I seriously don't want to get married because of this (or am I just using this as an excuse to not get married?)....

Let's look at the other side of things, will this prevent marriage? This morning while showering I was thinking, why get married and pay higher taxes??
I seriously don't want to get married because of this (or am I just using this as an excuse to not get married?)....

According to the subsidies marriage is for the rich and the stupid.

Back