E&O Annual Processing Fee.. A Common Rip-Off?

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Back in the "old" days, I accepted E&O Processing Fees without question. But now that I'm older, wiser and cynical towards big business, I'm questioning WHY NAPA E&O charges a $127.00 processing fee each January to renew my E&O another year.

Since the purchase is usually made electronically and all NAPA does is give you a link to print out the E&O Certificate yourself, isn't the $127 fee (to put it bluntly) little more than a rip-off?

All I've had is NAPA for many years... No claims. Do all companies charge an annual processing fee at renewal time? Thanks in advance for any constructive or informative feedback.

-Allen in Chicagoland

Back in the "old" days, I accepted E&O Processing Fees without question. But now that I'm older, wiser and cynical towards big business, I'm questioning WHY NAPA E&O charges a $127.00 processing fee each January to renew my E&O another year.

Since the purchase is usually made electronically and all NAPA does is give you a link to print out the E&O Certificate yourself, isn't the $127 fee (to put it bluntly) little more than a rip-off?

All I've had is NAPA for many years... No claims. Do all companies charge an annual processing fee at renewal time? Thanks in advance for any constructive or informative feedback.

-Allen in Chicagoland

I have NAPA too and was actually thinking about getting a new carrier for next year.

The fee is probably the commission paid to the AOR, just like Humana pays the processing fee for dental/vision as the commission.

Back