E&O for Agent with Felony Conviction

Discussion in 'E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents' started by roachpalace, Jul 7, 2017.

1. roachpalace

roachpalace New Member

I am currently a FE agent and writing for several carriers. I am trying to add a new carrier that requires me to have E & O insurance. I have been unable to find an E & O carrier that will accept me.

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Where can I get E & O?

My charge is not finance or fraud related and i did not have much trouble getting my life license.

2. b61mack

b61mack Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    check out NAPA they advertise on the forum...

3. roachpalace

roachpalace New Member

Thank you, but they have already denied me...

4. Mike Siegal

Mike Siegal Well-Known Member

State:

Have you tried "Hiscox?"
    What state are you in?

5. Gulfman

Gulfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Did they initially deny you online?

OR after you submitted your payment, did they call later to say "we can't write you?

I know they have a felony question but not sure if that's grounds for automatic denial.

6. paul43

paul43 Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    I have a felony conviction from way back (nothing to with insurance or fraud) and I check the block on Applications that that asks (did you ever commit a felony)and I have a extra sheet that I attach to the Application stating what the felony was about and that I have applied for a pardon) I have never been turned down. What they are looking for is agents in the Insurance business that has a felony related to Insurance.
    I think that extra sheet of paper I attach does the trick because it tells them that it was some other kind of felony and also it is written on the papers I received at the end of the trial from the secretary with their Letterhead on it.:GEEK:

I use NAPA for my E & O. :GEEK:

----------

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  7. roachpalace

roachpalace New Member

My resident state is KY, I will try hiscox and follow up.

----------

I sent payment to NAPA and they said they couldn't write me and I couldn't appeal.

----------

I submitted court documents to NAPA with my application. They denied me and said I could not appeal. I am going to try Hiscox

8. VolAgent

VolAgent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You should try the forum sponsor too, eoforless.com. You may also have to look at the surplus market for E&O as well.

9. johndf

johndf Well-Known Member

State:

Call Gallagher MGA, they my be able to help you. I use Joe Peters.

10. Tim Resnick

Tim Resnick Active Member

State:

Well...my opinion is "the state licensed this man" and now EO is a problem. Obviously if the state issued him a license, they checked him out, his crime (whatever it was) wasn't related to financial white collar issues or involved stealing $. (my guess is probably DUI or some BS related to domestic violence).

The law is heavy handed these days and in many cases "unfair;" You can get in Big trouble real fast if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time (sigh).

Best of luck to OP in getting EO. I think Hiscox will write you....