E&O for Less

G

So my E&O is coming up for renewal and I wanted to see if any of the forum members use E&O for less for P&C. I'm currently through lloyds for about $2300 / year and these guys offer it for like $800. My E&O broker told me that yeah its cheap but its a group plan that has the limitations of a capped group policy limit. Has anyone had any issues with them or would care to share some love?

How many years of experience so you have? Do you have an agency or are you just one agent? You are probably paying for more if you have 2+ agents while the e&o is probably just yourself for 800.

This will be year 2 of individual license experience and just ending year 1 of agency licensing. Either way I don't qualify for 3 years experience. Its just me as a solo (technically). Does this company take agencies under 3 years experience?

This will be year 2 of individual license experience and just ending year 1 of agency licensing. Either way I don't qualify for 3 years experience. Its just me as a solo (technically). Does this company take agencies under 3 years experience?

It with ask and if you don't then okay. Rock wood offers a good one as well. E&O carriers look at your original license date for experience, not time at one job.

Calsurance has some good ones as well. Also look at brown&brown with admiral insurance for non-admitted.

Thanks man but do you know anything specific, good or bad, about the company "e&o for less"?

I hear they are good and I looked at them personally. Just understand they are for individuals, not for agencies. That was the clenched for me. I spoke with a rep and they said it is for agents only.

Shared plans are common with ones like NAPA and e&o for less. I have yet to see it be an issue for agents but the risk is there

Yeah that was my main issue. I am a solo agent with an agency. Do you know if this is excluded if someone sues my agency?

Raph3988 said:
Yeah that was my main issue. I am a solo agent with an agency. Do you know if this is excluded if someone sues my agency?

I spoke with a representative with them the other day. She mentioned that after the policy is issued they can go back and add a DBA to cover the agency provided you are the only employee of the agency.

Back