Early Morning Employee Meeting

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I have an 6:00 am employee benefit meeting with a trucking client. Anyone have any tips to keep these guys somewhat interested this early in the morning?

So I have an 6:00 am employee benefit meeting with a trucking client. Anyone have any tips to keep these guys somewhat interested this early in the morning?

Don't have chairs for people to sit. Keep everyone standing, and the meeting will move quicker and people will pay better attention.

All meetings should run that way to keep wasted time to a minimum, but that's just my ranting on the uselessness of meetings.

I would do a *brief* ( no more than 5 min) ice-breaker activity at the beginning of the meeting to get everyone moving around and involved.

wow I don't even want to ask what time you got up and out of bed. Makes me even more appreciative of what God has blessed me with, when there's actual people that they get up, out of the house to sell insurance.

You have my respect

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I like taking everyone's chair away from them....LOL

Strippers don't get up that early so that will not work.

After some deep thought I am going to do old school coffee and donuts and maybe some red bull. The red bull is for ME!

The group is 3 hours a way from me so I have to get a hotel room the night before.

I have a couple other group clients in the area so I am going to make my rounds.

I would keep it casual and laid back. That is way too early for a "sales pitch". Just have a conversation with them and address their questions. I would do a whole lot of listening.

The no chairs thing works best if you are calling someone in your office to fire them. You want to make this experience as pleasant as possible for them.

Go to the local strip club the night before and give them a gift certificate for that evening. :laugh:

If it is the drivers you are addressing, coffee and donuts will work, maybe a few bagels. Keep your talk on track covering your key points. Don't come off as a salesmen. They won't like that. You are there to give them information.

I used to specialize in enrollments and we worked with a bunch of truckers. They like to come off as tough and not interested, especially in a room full of fellow drivers. But given a chance, they really do want to know more. Leave time for short one on one conversations after the group meeting.

Too bad this wasn't 6PM. Some of my best "beverage consumption buddies" are truckers.

PS. This may be early for you, but not for them.

Have them bring the wife with them. They are the ones who want the benefits!!!!

Of course, that might change the selection of strippers, unfortunately.

Dan

Back