Eastern NC Personal Lines

Alex Ormond

Hello,

I am just trying to get a feel for what carriers all the independent agents are using for their personal lines P&C in Eastern NC. What carriers are you all seeing be the best in this particular area for both personal auto and home/ mobile home. Either monoline or bundle. Thanks!

I'm not in ENC and I'm a captive but...

For MH's Foremost is... well... the Foremost. American Modern is decent also, don't know much else about the other carriers.

Auto? If they have good credit and a clean record I've heard good things about Erie. Same with primary stickbuilt home. Not so good or clean? Progressive and National General fight for them.

My knowledge is extremely limited so take this with a Margarita's amount of salt.

Thanks so much! Yeah we have the two kings which would be Nat Gen and Progressive and like you said they fight it out for them every time. We also have Foremost and American Modern and they are getting higher on the mobile homes. I have tried to get Erie in the past but they already have an agent in our area unfortunately. Seems like Nat Gen is starting to pick back up with better rates and Progressive is coming off of their absurdly low ones that they had a little earlier this year. It's a tough market for Eastern NC!

For homes I would also see if you can get on with Universal North America (kind of strict but the rates are good if you can qualify them- my captive partners with them too), ASI, and Heritage.

An IA friend of mine loves National General and carries his coverage with them. Don't know enough about the other auto carriers - Travelers, Hartford, Safeco/LM are supposed to be pretty good, beyond that with all the M&A's going on I'm not sure who to recommend.

Back