Easy Way to Find Independent Agents?

windi

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I spent a LONG time today just trying to find a list of agents who sell Medicare Supplemental insurance in the area. I went on line and googled every combination of stuff I could think of, only found lots of sites where you could put in your info and having someone 'contact you'. Went to yellow pages and only found listings for agencies like State Farm and the like.

If I was a senior, getting ready to go on Medicare, or even one having been on it for a while and wanting to check prices again, and I wanted to find a local independent broker, how in the world am I supposed to do that?

Am I missing something? I'm beginning to think I should invest in the yellow pages or something, just in case, because lord knows, if I were to look now someone in my zip code, that sold medicare supplements, I would not find anything.

From a consumers perspective, you will have to look at a lot of different sources.

Some agents advertise in the YP and online YP sites. Google local and similar sites also have some listings. If you search for Medicare rates and similar terms you will find agents and agencies.

You can also find lead generation sites that will result in your phone ringing off the hook and your email box flooded with spam.

There are local "senior" newspapers and other publications where a handful of agents will advertise.

I paid $200 or so last year to have my contact information printed on 5,000 Rx bags distributed at a Kroger pharmacy and got zilch return.

The yellow pages definately pays for itself. I get quite a few calls every year from the ad. I have a picture of myself along with it. Only costs around $50 a month to have a nice size ad.

The yellow pages definately pays for itself. I get quite a few calls every year from the ad. I have a picture of myself along with it. Only costs around $50 a month to have a nice size ad.
That's very good to know. I do know that when I looked at the yellow pages book and online, I found nothing at all. Along with your picture, how did you list it? what section did you put it in? what did you put down on the listing?

It's under Insurance. Have the picture with phone number under it. Lists: Annuities Estate Planning IRA's Long Term Care Life Health Medicare Supplements

I'm in SW Florida, ran an add in yellowbook for 1 year, did not get one phone call, funny how things work in certain areas, I thought for sure since I was in Gods waiting room, I would at least get a few calls !!

Back