Ebay / Amazon Sales - Business Insurance?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a personal lines client who sells makeup & stupid woman $hit online & she wants business insurance. Besides her housing burning down, why would she need business insurance?

I have a personal lines client who sells makeup & stupid woman $hit online & she wants business insurance. Besides her housing burning down, why would she need business insurance?

There is still liability exposure. Product liability (even though she is not the manufacture) is an exposure i.e. the makeup she sells causes harm to someone.

Very few carriers like doing an internet retailer. We can do them and State Farm is cheap otherwise you're looking at USLI whose going to be expensive.

You might be able to get away with an RLI in home policy. You have to see if Amazon or ebay have certain insurance requirements? If so, I've never seen them.

I have a personal lines client who sells makeup & stupid woman online & she wants business insurance. Besides her housing burning down, why would she need business insurance?

She is asking because Amazon requires it. They have a very specific liabilities policy you must have. I know better but I skip it because I sell books, they seem to be safe but the sellers that carried hoverboards are getting sued now.

Just about all my carriers have coverage available for these type of businesses. I've always been inquisitive of what someone like Amazon thinks an individual general liability policy would cover.

Back