EDDM to Rich(ish) People! Replacements, LTC Hybrid...

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
First I should state that I have never done a mail campaign but I'm working on putting together a 3 month test campaign with 2 mailers per month to about 1500 doors. My own neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods have an average of roughly 2.8 people per household, 65-70% over 45 and all average $130k-161k income annually.

I just did a pretty good size replacement/1035 exchange and I've had luck with replacements in the past. I think a lot of these folks could be excellent replacement business, great for LTC hybrid marketing and marketing along the lines of ROR w/ blended policies.

Am I way off my rocker thinking this would get a response? I would of course keep it pretty basic from a wording standpoint. I've met so many people that pay $6-20k annually and haven't heard from their agent in years or no longer have an agent!

Or should I aim for higher incomes? 15 minutes away and all the mail routes show average household incomes in the mid-upper $200k range. My thoughts are that these guys may be less likely to respond.

Anyone have thoughts they would like to share?

Was this data modeled from your previous success or is it just what's near you.

2.8 people per household, 65-70% over 45 and all average $130k-161k income annually

If its really close to your previous, then you target should be good to go, especially if you've done it multiple times.

Direct Mail is a hefty thing to take on, but knowing what you have to offer now moves you to marketing rather than branding.

So if your confident in your offer, next step would be how to sell to that market.

I recommend you checkout Dan S Kenndy's No BS Guide to Marketing Leading Edge Boomers and Seniors, before you send anything, so you can at least check the letter if you've received it from someone else.

Are you doing postcards? Sales Letter with BRE card?

EDDM to that group is going to definitely have wasted recipients.

Last edited:
I'm thinking an intro letter that basically spells out what I'll be mailing them over the next couple months. The following prices would probably be other post card mailers. I'm planning to do three similar yet different areas near me. Similar demographics but different lifestyle areas ( ie high end suburb sfh, upper end TH and a route that's larger estate homes)

Back