Edward Jones. Opportunity or no?

Not doubting you at all but how do you know that they are that way?

How what is what way? Everything I outlined is what any broker-dealer can do to any registered rep. Golfnut expanded on it, although there is one area he was incorrect on.

A B/D can require you hold all investment accounts with them. My last one was just like that, I was required to move all accounts to them. Now, not all do, some merely require you product statements at audits and may ask for them periodically between audits, but they can require you move all accounts to them.

Also, a B/D has to approve all OBJs, and while many will be approved without question, some will not be. Also, when new you can expect to be much more restricted in what you are allowed to do business wise that does not benefit the B/D.

As far as I know, this scheme is very risky, I had a friend that worked with Edward Jones investments and she did not have good time working with them. It might be a problem with her because I saw other reviews and people were saying good things about that company. Anyway, she got funding for real estate in another place and she was really satisfied with it. It was connected investors platform and there are groups of investors for a lot of cities in USA. She found what she was looking for there and there were no problems with it, great platform for investors...

Last edited:
Back