EHealthInsurance

todder

Expert
Had a conversation with a lead today. He said he already received a quote from another agent. I had him forward it to me. I received the quote and realized that it was sent from a salesperson at ehealthinsurance, looked like an auto response quote. I reviewed the quote and for the life of me can't figure out how the agent got the rate he got. It was an assurant core med quote and the rate was $180 for a $500 deductible for just him. I ran an assurant quote every feasible way I could possibly think of and the lowest I could come up with was $280 a month for just him. So I don't know what to think. Is it really the core med? Did he quote the wrong state? What should I tell my prospect? (obviously he should go with a local agent, who knows the local plans, etc. etc.) I was kinda at a loss. I just basically told him I had no idea where that rate came from but it was not accurate. I wish I knew why it wasn't accurate though, it would give me more ammo to beat up on ehealth. Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated. Just an additional piece of info that I'm sure everyone will find entertaining, this gentlemen has 2 sons he wanted included in the quote and they were no where to be found on the quote. He emailed the sales rep to inquire about that. Its been two days and he hasn't heard back. Guess that makes my job that much easier. They must just go for the quick close and if they don't get it move on.

The other guy may have left off the two kids. EHEALTH is a pain in the butt...but (how do you like that transition?) after the initial email, they generally don't call the prospect.

I always warn prospects about out-of-town agents and EHEALTH.

Ehealth will never respond to a direct question or follow up with a client after they got approved, I've never seen a company with poorer customer service.

Tell your client they messed up the quote, no big deal here's the quote and let's go ahead and make sure you can qualify.

While on the phone I'd take the client directly to assuranthealth.com and say "ok - let's run this right from the company website - then you can see how accurate Ehealth's quote is."

Back