Election Night in America

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
I predict the presidential race gets called by CNN at 11:35 p.m. EST tonight - assuming Florida has its act together (watched the movie "Recount" last night and had nightmares of hanging chads)

If Hillary and Trump got stranded on a deserted island, who would survive?
:biggrin:
:1mad:
:yes:
America!

(This joke courtesy of my 10-year-old son who says it's been making the rounds at school this week)

Anybody have to wait in exceptionally long lines today or face any "voter intimidation"? Dropped off mailed ballot into a drive-through ballot box here in Colorado yesterday - in and out within a minute.

Thank goodness the ads end tonight. My 85-year-old political junkie dad is incredibly sad these are his choices in what he thinks may be his final presidential election.

I predict the presidential race gets called by CNN at 11:35 p.m. EST tonight - assuming Florida has its act together (watched the movie "Recount" last night and had nightmares of hanging chads)

If Hillary and Trump got stranded on a deserted island, who would survive?
:biggrin:
:1mad:
:yes:
America!

(This joke courtesy of my 10-year-old son who says it's been making the rounds at school this week)

Anybody have to wait in exceptionally long lines today or face any "voter intimidation"? Dropped off mailed ballot into a drive-through ballot box here in Colorado yesterday - in and out within a minute.

Thank goodness the ads end tonight. My 85-year-old political junkie dad is incredibly sad these are his choices in what he thinks may be his final presidential election.

Truth from the mouth of babes.

I'm hoping for history to repeat itself:

BRINKLEY: I'd like to ask a question of you folks. We have here what I think reasonably could be called a landslide or certainly something approaching a landslide. Where did it come from? Nobody anticipated it. No polls predicted it. No one saw it coming. How did that happen? I don't want to knock the polls, because I believe in them, and they generally do very good work. One thing I wondered. Have a lot of people -- did a lot of people decide to vote for Reagan, but didn't want to say so?

BROKAW: Well, that's always been a factor. He's an actor, after all. A lot of people have made fun of him, and maybe I ought not be publicly in favor of him.

BRINKLEY: Again, I don't want to pick on the polls, but there was none of this insight.

I will be okay with whatever the outcome is, but I think the results will surprise us.

----------

And I am genuinely curious to know how many people have voted in this election. Normally, the non-voter, if properly engaged, could determine any election. Rather difficult to be on the sidelines of this one. You generally have an opinion one way or the other.

I predict that this is the largest voter turn-out in the history of the country.

My question is...how did we get here?

Neither one is qualified, or should be the POTUS in my humble opinion. Nor has either of them discussed policies and plans moving forward.

That is what worries me...we are just kicking the can down the road and we can't afford to do that much longer.

I'm hoping for history to repeat itself:

BRINKLEY: I'd like to ask a question of you folks. We have here what I think reasonably could be called a landslide or certainly something approaching a landslide. Where did it come from? Nobody anticipated it. No polls predicted it. No one saw it coming. How did that happen? I don't want to knock the polls, because I believe in them, and they generally do very good work. One thing I wondered. Have a lot of people -- did a lot of people decide to vote for Reagan, but didn't want to say so?

BROKAW: Well, that's always been a factor. He's an actor, after all. A lot of people have made fun of him, and maybe I ought not be publicly in favor of him.

BRINKLEY: Again, I don't want to pick on the polls, but there was none of this insight.

I will be okay with whatever the outcome is, but I think the results will surprise us.

Dang DHK... You (and your repeat of history) called it better than all the pollsters!

After watching nothing but election talk for the past couple weeks...I'm watching Leave To Beaver now....much more enjoyable.:yes:

Sure am glad Crooked Hillary didn't win! Now she's going to jail!:policeman:

Actually, now that HRC is not going to be elected, I'm not for a "witch hunt" for her to be in jail. I just didn't want her elected to the presidency. Let the independent prosecutor and investigation team do the right job and let's put all that behind us and move forward.

Back