Election Night in America

She doesn't need a pardon, nor does General Petraeus. I don't recall what happened to the sailor, that may still be on going. The DOJ decided this summer not to prosecute Hillary and David Petraeus pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor last year.

Again, had the DOJ decided to go after Hillary this summer, that would have been just fine. I have no idea if she is guilty, but it certainly looked like she was. However, they didn't. Was it because of some backroom bargaining by Bill, probably. Ultimately, it happened. For Trump to now direct the DOJ to file charges against her is stuff from third world dictatorships. Based on his speeches since, hopefully he knows better. Hopefully he was just pandering to the voters during the debate.

I wasn't thrilled with either candidate this election. However, it appears Trump will be our next president, barring a surprise by the Electoral College. I hope he is a good leader.

The decent by others into name calling and foul language by others on this thread is just depressing. That is part of the reason I had avoided this forum for some time. There is just too much negativity here at times.

Where have you been for the past 8 years.......did you even follow the election the past 15 months.....were you in a coma? :goofy:

The sailor took 6 photos inside a 40 year old sub to show his family where he worked. He is currently incarcerated for a year. Petraeus pleaded guilty to misdemeanor to save his benefits. He should be pardoned and his record expunged. Pardons do not just apply to felonies.

I am aware pardons are not just for felonies. And neither one had just run for office and was charged with a crime by the winning candidate.

Last edited:
For those who are proposing Trump go after Hillary and jail, to be fair, do you also agree he should tax the the cash value growth of life insurance as he has promised.

They aren't, and realistically probably shouldn't go back after the email scandal.
That horse has been beaten, and the FBI and JD have stated their position multiple times. Not that its right, but it is what it is.

They SHOULD investigate the Clinton Foundation thoroughly. IMO, its as corrupt as it can get and based on the limited info we've seen in leaked emails... there is certainly a paper trail and I can only imagine how deep it goes.

Funny thing, so many people think Clinton is this pristine polished woman all the time. I know a guy who is high up in secret service on the transportation side. He said he can't believe how she treats everyone around her (including the agents that protect her), and her foul mouth is utterly astonishing. The only difference between her and someone like Trump is she has a filter and knows how to control it in public.

The only difference between her and someone like Trump is she has a filter and knows how to control it in public.

That is an amazingly valuable asset.

Anyone who thinks Hillary is clean or even just slightly dirty is naive. Her skeletons have skeletons in their closets. She and Bill have played politics their entire adult lives.

My only point is, we shouldn't be a nation that persecutes the loser in a political election, particularly when it has already been investigated and the prosecutors declined to proceed. Now if something new comes to light, that is different or if they find out something about the Clinton Foundation, again that is different.

It is hard enough to get decent people to run for office in this country. The last thing any politician needs to be thinking is, "How long will I spend in jail if I lose?" And whether or not Hillary broke the law with confidential information, that is the beginning of that path.

Also, something to keep in mind, some of those emails were classified AFTER they were sent. Now, I don't say that to excuse Hillary. I simply feel that as has been suggested, many things are classified not because they are sensitive to National Security, but merely to avoid embarrassing senior officials.

They aren't, and realistically probably shouldn't go back after the email scandal.
That horse has been beaten, and the FBI and JD have stated their position multiple times. Not that its right, but it is what it is.

They SHOULD investigate the Clinton Foundation thoroughly. IMO, its as corrupt as it can get and based on the limited info we've seen in leaked emails... there is certainly a paper trail and I can only imagine how deep it goes.

Funny thing, so many people think Clinton is this pristine polished woman all the time. I know a guy who is high up in secret service on the transportation side. He said he can't believe how she treats everyone around her (including the agents that protect her), and her foul mouth is utterly astonishing. The only difference between her and someone like Trump is she has a filter and knows how to control it in public.

Hahaha, I know JD's a Democrat, but I didn't realize that he had that much pull.:)

I agree with your post except that I'd like to see a DOJ that wasn't in Bill's "backroom"(plane) working deals for Crooked Hillary. I wonder if Slick Willy used his manly charms on Loretta Lynch?:bump:

Hahaha, I know JD's a Democrat, but I didn't realize that he had that much pull.:)

I agree with your post except that I'd like to see a DOJ that wasn't in Bill's "backroom"(plane) working deals for Crooked Hillary. I wonder if Slick Willy used his manly charms on Loretta Lynch?:bump:

Film at 11!!!!! :swoon: :swoon:

I am aware pardons are not just for felonies. And neither one had just run for office and was charged with a crime by the winning candidate.

The winning candidate may have accused her of a crime but he has no ability to charge her with a crime. I am not saying she should be charged but I do think there should be a grand jury empanneled and let them decide if there are grounds to charge her. That is what would be done if it were anybody else.

Back