Elections Season is Coming Fast...And Needed Changes

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Okay with the upcoming election season I just wanted to remind people of some things we will be seeing and hearing.

First be prepared for your phone to start ringing even if your on the DNC list because Congress created an exemption for Politicians and don't expect that these calls will be live because Politicians have an exemption from the robo-calling laws....You might even be getting junk Faxes because once again Politicians have another exemption...

What I am advocating that we do is contact our representatives and push for a bill to be brought up that will recind all Political exemptions from laws that hinder commercial enterprises such as the DNC, Robo dialing, Junk Faxes etc.... I'm not saying these laws necessarily are bad just that Politicians are not above the law and should not have any special exemptions to do things that tax paying citizens are precluded from doing...

I will get off my high horse now...I called one of my senators offices today about this exact idea, I also was trying to reach my Chamber of Commerces executive director until I remembered that non-profits also have many of the same exemptions.

Okay with the upcoming election season I just wanted to remind people of some things we will be seeing and hearing.

First be prepared for your phone to start ringing even if your on the DNC list because Congress created an exemption for Politicians and don't expect that these calls will be live because Politicians have an exemption from the robo-calling laws....You might even be getting junk Faxes because once again Politicians have another exemption...

What I am advocating that we do is contact our representatives and push for a bill to be brought up that will recind all Political exemptions from laws that hinder commercial enterprises such as the DNC, Robo dialing, Junk Faxes etc.... I'm not saying these laws necessarily are bad just that Politicians are not above the law and should not have any special exemptions to do things that tax paying citizens are precluded from doing...

I will get off my high horse now...I called one of my senators offices today about this exact idea, I also was trying to reach my Chamber of Commerces executive director until I remembered that non-profits also have many of the same exemptions.

Excellent observation and suggestion.

It seems our US Congress is extremely good at exempting themselves - and certain special interest they favor - from the laws they pass that affect the rest of the "masses".

They are exempt from Obamacrap as well. Bunch of elitist pigs.
Yep, and the original poster seems to be mistaken, he may call on the phone and they may act like they are listening- but as soon they figure out he is not BP or Goldman Sachs, they write him off as just a peasant.

Latest posts

Back