Electronic SOA

socal401

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone using an electronic SOA? Either a docusign signature or something else. I do see SMS has one for agents to use that is CMS approved, anyone using it?

Ritter has one through their Medicareful site. Not sure if it's compliant with each individual carrier. Or should I say, accepted by each carrier. It is compliant with CMS.

I haven't used it yet, but I plan on incorporating it this AEP.

https://medicareful.com/why

Ritter has one through their Medicareful site. Not sure if it's compliant with each individual carrier. Or should I say, accepted by each carrier. It is compliant with CMS.

I haven't used it yet, but I plan on incorporating it this AEP.

https://medicareful.com/why

Thanks for the reply.

So a carrier can decide not to accept the e-SOA even if it is CMS approved?

Thanks for the reply.

So a carrier can decide not to accept the e-SOA even if it is CMS approved?

I know in the past I've used generic SOA's. But I do recall at least one carrier stating it had to be theirs. The fact that this one is CMS approved should be sufficient though.

When a person completes the form, the agent gets an email stating that a new entry was created in the CRM along with the persons name, phone number, email address and zip code. When you log in to Ritter you can print and save the SOA.

Anyone using an electronic SOA? Either a docusign signature or something else. I do see SMS has one for agents to use that is CMS approved, anyone using it?
I began using the ESOA provided by Senior Market Sales last year and love it. I get notified when it's clicked on, when it's submitted, and can view the form to see what they agreed to. I often get it sent to them and completed while on that first call. I use Salesforce as my CRM and have created fields that indicate the date the SOA was returned, which of the two products were agreed to, and the SOA ID number (a couple of carriers require that on e-apps). I also attach a PDF of the SOA to their record. All I take to the meeting is a print out of their SF record that shows all of their information including the SOA-related fields so I know what I can discuss. I don't know or care if it's the SOA method a carrier prefers as long as it's compliant with CMS.

No, they must accept it. They cannot make you use their own.

Rick

Here in FL, Simply healthcare said during their AEP meeting that we must use their scope or the app won't be accepted. I wrote an app (only because their formulary is ridiculous) and used a different scope. App was not accepted. I called and complained that it's cms approved. No dice. I had to go back and get a new one.

I have yet to write them since.

Here in FL, Simply healthcare said during their AEP meeting that we must use their scope or the app won't be accepted. I wrote an app (only because their formulary is ridiculous) and used a different scope. App was not accepted. I called and complained that it's cms approved. No dice. I had to go back and get a new one.

I have yet to write them since.

That's complete BS. I'm sure CMS would have a different opinion of their business practices.

Rick

scal401, can u provide a link to the cms generic soa you found? the last one i saw was approved in 2016....did you find something with a more current date that does not have a vendors/fmo's/etc name attached to it?

I know in the past I've used generic SOA's. But I do recall at least one carrier stating it had to be theirs. The fact that this one is CMS approved should be sufficient though.

When a person completes the form, the agent gets an email stating that a new entry was created in the CRM along with the persons name, phone number, email address and zip code. When you log in to Ritter you can print and save the SOA.

FYI, we have Humana as our "Lead Plan" and the following "non-lead plans" who we've filed our eSOA with:

Humana - Lead Plan
Aetna/Coventry - NLP
Agewell - NLP
Allwell - NLP
Amerigroup - NLP
AmeriHealth Caritas - NLP
Anthem - NLP
BCBS GA - NLP
Capital Blue Cross - NLP
Caremore - NLP
Cigna HealthSpring - NLP
Clover Health - NLP
Elderplan - NLP
Emblem - NLP
Empire - NLP
Envision - NLP
Excellus - NLP
Geisinger - NLP
Health Partners - NLP
HealthNow - NLP
Highmark - NLP
Independence Blue Cross - NLP
Johns Hopkins - NLP
Quality Health - NLP
SilverScript - NLP
UnitedHealthcare - NLP
Univera - NLP
Vibra Health - NLP
Wellcare - NLP

These are all of our filings (pending approval). We are getting approvals back every day, so it's hard to say if we'll have issues with one or two on the list. That's not to say that a health plan not on the list WON'T accept it, but at least the ones on the list have run it through compliance and have the eSOA filed and approved as non-lead plan. In my opinion, all plans should accept a generic CMS accepted SOA, as Rick mentioned.

Most eSOA's aren't filed with more than one plan. That doesn't mean they won't work just as well, in fact they probably should, it's just that we wanted to get approvals on as many companies as possible up front to minimize future issues.

Back