Elevated PSA, Denied Once Already

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a 65 y/o male looking for about $75000-$150,000 in term. Already been denied by Prudential for elevated PSA levels. His levels are at 12.

Any idea who might take him?

if he knew about already with doctor, what is the condition?

What tests did doc do after the elevated psa?

If his psa is 12, it's probably prostate cancer if BPH, prostatitis, etc. have been ruled out...it should be 4 or less at that age.

if he knew about already with doctor, what is the condition?

What tests did doc do after the elevated psa?

If his psa is 12, it's probably prostate cancer if BPH, prostatitis, etc. have been ruled out...it should be 4 or less at that age.

i dont know the name of the condition, but he takes Flomax .4mg 1x/day for the higher PSA levels. This is the only treatment he has related to the elevated PSA. He does not have cancer.
the only tests he has have done is a regular PSA check.

If all he has had was a psa test, then the problem is that you don't know if he has cancer or not....only a biopsy will tell you that.

Flomax is usually taken for bph...but it doesn't necessarily reduce psa levels...it sounds like he had psa test, it's elevated and the doctor has him in watch and wait mode...if psa doesn't get to normal levels, they will probably take next steps of biopsy to see what is really happening.

I write a lot of prostate cancer histories with Pru, Lincoln Financial, etc. and a prudential decline is typically because of the unknown at this point...and probably going to be the case elsewhere until a biopsy takes place.

He was declined BECAUSE his PSA was 12. He needs to get his prostate removed if he has any polyps and get it over with. 1 yr after removal he's going to get a standard rate is his Gleason score is 6 or better, PSA at undetectable levels, and if the stage of cancer (if applicable is better then T3b or stage 3b) stage 3 (T3b) best case PRU table A, everyone else uses Swiss that will do a standard $20 flat for 4 yrs, ANICO I think will do $10 for 4

Back