Email Marketing

Thomfam

Anyone have any feedback on purchasing email lists for MAPD marketing? Looks like you get big bulk emails for seniors around 0.27 a pop. Cheaper than a stamp, and can reuse.

Anyone have feedback with doing this? Curious about ROI, spam issues, etc.

Thanks!

My guess is, you probably get a lot of (spam) email in your box daily. How many do you open?

While there are a number of these emails that concern topics where you have no interest, most are possibly driven by retargeting. You visit a site and maybe fill out an inquiry.

Bam, you receive emails about that topic.

Or something comes into your mailbox on a topic and next you are flooded with emails on the same subject.

If you use a free email service like Gmail the company providing that service "reads" your emails looking for keywords. Your information is sold to list providers who market your email address to companies offering that product.

Reflect on these numbers and decide if $0.27 per email will produce the kind of ROI you want.

Spam messages accounted for 53.95 percent of e-mail traffic in March 2020.

In 2018, 281.1 billion e-mails were sent and received on a daily basis.
Spam statistics: spam e-mail traffic share 2019 | Statista

Popular kind of spam emails
  1. Approximately 30% of spam emails sent were dating related (2018)
  2. Second is healthcare emails with 22.6%.
  3. Thirdly, job emails with 14.5%.
In addition, according to spam statistics: 20.43% of spam emails in 2019 came from China.
How Many Emails Are Sent Per Day - The Remarkable Actuality

• Each day, the average office worker receives 121 emails (as of 2015).
  • The click-through rate for email sent in North America is 3.1% (as of 2017).
The open rate increases by 17% when the subject line is personalized (as of 2018).

Email click rates increase by up to 300% if a video is included.
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Email

Buying a cold email list can be profitable, but unless you're an email marketing expert already, you're better off spending your time doing something you already know works.

One alternate strategy you can use is to load those cold email addresses into a custom audience and target them on Facebook with some kind of lead capture to warm them up. Now they've reached out to you, and at least it's not a completely cold contact point.

Again, unless you're already an expert at this, I would avoid it, or at least not invest a lot of time in money into it until you've learned enough to feel comfortable. There are tons of courses out there about email and Facebook marketing that will help you.

Medicare Advantage: Understand that the prohibited activity of cold calling also applies to emails and texting.

You would be in violation of CMS marketing guidelines if you purchased and marketed to an email list without their PRIOR consent.

Medicare Advantage: Understand that the prohibited activity of cold calling also applies to emails and texting.

You would be in violation of CMS marketing guidelines if you purchased and marketed to an email list without their PRIOR consent.
I'm never 100% sure when it comes to CMS and their crazy rules, but I am 100% certain that you can send unsolicited emails for Medicare sales, as long as recipients have an opt-out from future emails. It was one of the questions on the 2021 AHIP.

Cold email works for B2B (or agent recruiting) because with as little as a minute or two you can research the prospect online and find enough information to tailor your message. You can't do that with B2C. The only thing you might know about them is they are Medicare age. And for that reason, you'll waste your time sending bulk emails, IMHO And at 27 cents a pop, it will cost you a small fortune to send the amount needed to make a decent ROI.

That was correct until 2019.

I'm never 100% sure when it comes to CMS and their crazy rules, but I am 100% certain that you can send unsolicited emails for Medicare sales, as long as recipients have an opt-out from future emails. It was one of the questions on the 2021 AHIP.

That's the current rule. But you still can't text or send instant messages to cold traffic.

Anyone have any feedback on purchasing email lists for MAPD marketing? Looks like you get big bulk emails for seniors around 0.27 a pop. Cheaper than a stamp, and can reuse.

Anyone have feedback with doing this? Curious about ROI, spam issues, etc.

Thanks!

I wouldn't send email to cold traffic from any domain I want to use for any other purpose. You'll get on the spam list. You won't be able to get into your best friend's inbox.

There are probably ways to do it without burning your domain though.

My gut feeling is you'll get more clients per dollar with postcards or letters. That would cost you about 60 cents or a dollar each, plus the cost of the mailing list.

But it may be worth testing. My gut doesn't bat 1,000.

Just don't burn a domain you plan on using for anything else.

Back