Email Template for New Client

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Maybe I'm a nice guy but I'm still holding out hope for renewal commission on SEP biz. That being said, I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with ACA clients. I usually get a clients email when taking on the phone or send this email template to a new referral. Feel free to use it or critique. This template allow me to have all pertinent info prior to talking and results in an app on first point of contact more consistently.

In order to find the best possible coverage for you and your family, it is important to know a little about your situation.* Please fill out the following information and email it to*[email protected]* I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. *

Full Name of all applicants:

How did you hear about our agency: *

Birthday of all applicants:

Full mailing address:

Do you have health insurance now?* If so, what are the details (premium, deductible, who offers it)

What doctors and prescriptions are you using?* Please provide the full names and correct spellings. *

What do you expect your household modified adjusted gross income to be for 2017?* This is used to determine if you get help paying your premium.* Please try to get a figure on paper.* It doesn't have to be exact).*

Please provide a description of your situation.* For example, you could say that you are losing your COBRA coverage March 1st, 2015 or your spouse is losing their coverage from your employer.* The more info the better!

The Affordable Care Act is a new law that is constantly changing.* Open enrollment begins November 1st 2016 and lasts until 1/31/2017* With the information you provide, I will find the right company for you at the lowest possible cost.* You can window shop and enroll on your own with the following link: *https://www.healthsherpa.com/?_agent_id=2944

Thanks

I understand what you are trying to do and I think its a great step to modernizing your business.

Understand though that your template will get caught in a LOT of spam boxes based on the questions its asking. Your deliverability will be very, very low.

You would be much better off having a secure web page built and send them a link to the page and have them fill it out on your website rather then dealing with this level of personal information via email.

Someone more familiar then me can probably confirm if this email template would result in a Hippa violation. I think asking for the meds in unsecure email does, but I'm not clear on that.

All of that said, I doubt clients would be willing to send this level of personal info via email anyway. Doing it on a webpage where they have to log in somehow makes them feel more secure. Of course, there are always people who send credit card numbers via email, so I am always surprised by what people don't care about!!!!

Dan

I understand what you are trying to do and I think its a great step to modernizing your business.

Understand though that your template will get caught in a LOT of spam boxes based on the questions its asking. Your deliverability will be very, very low.

You would be much better off having a secure web page built and send them a link to the page and have them fill it out on your website rather then dealing with this level of personal information via email.

Someone more familiar then me can probably confirm if this email template would result in a Hippa violation. I think asking for the meds in unsecure email does, but I'm not clear on that.

All of that said, I doubt clients would be willing to send this level of personal info via email anyway. Doing it on a webpage where they have to log in somehow makes them feel more secure. Of course, there are always people who send credit card numbers via email, so I am always surprised by what people don't care about!!!!

Dan

the part on hippa violation in unsecure email is accurate. im not familiar enough with the specific laws on that either, however i use a disclosure on the bottom of email.

I've got the Google Apps for Work HIPPA compliant package for the core suite of products, email, docs, calendar, and drive which I think covers PII and PHI in those platforms.

I haven't had much backlash from people not wanting to give their drug list or income estimate (but in fairness most are coming from referrals and word of mouth so the trust factor is already there) and the way that I loom at it is they don't wanna give me that info up front, I don't really want to write ACA anyways so no sweat off my back! I could see this being a bigger deal with warm/cold leads.

This email is sent out from my Gmail account on a one by one basis (from the canned email spot) and I haven't noticed any delivery issues. My thought was keep it as simple as possible and convenient for both parties which is why I hesitated to use a website form but I can see how some people would feel more secure there.

Appreciate the feedback.

Getting doctors and meds ahead of time this year....is a waste of time when u only have 1-2 carriers, and who may not pay a commission. You get what you get and u dont throw a fit, especially if u lean left.

Just tell them to have them ready for call

Hi Kstein,

Thought I would give it a go for you...
I edited your original email with the following things in mind:
- Keeping it brief
- Telling them "why" to use you
- Including a call to action, keeping in mind that at the end of the day you need to speak to them to ensure they see your value; plan selection, etc., i.e. show you as their "advocate"
- Removing HIPAA issues but retaining reason for asking; i.e. show you can tailor plan to them
- Adding intro, telling them why you are contacting them; i.e. separating from blind spam/marketing emails they get
- Ask for as little info as possible; i.e. dont really need full mailing address as ZIP alone will suffice

Removed link at end and replaced with an ACAExpress users.. For the obvious reasons :)

Submit it to an online SPAM score site such as Is Not Spam - Online Spam checker for newsletters and email marketing Note I did not do for this one..

Hope this helps!

Below is as if it was a referral...

====================================
Hi <FIRST NAME>,

I was referred to you recently by <REFERRER NAME> as someone who is in need of help with your health insurance selection. Obviously they would not have asked me to reach out if they did not feel I could help. With that said, here is some info which can help us narrow down the plans available, etc. Feel free to reply with the info or give me a ring at 888-555-1212

How many people in the household?
For those to be covered what are their ages?
Home ZIP code?
Estimated income for 2017 (it is used for premium calculations)?

With just the above I can get you a quote, as far as past experience, the below can help me narrow down to fit your needs:

Do you have health insurance now? If so, who is it with? Premium, deductibles, etc.?
Are there any specific doctors we need to make sure are in network? How many Rx a year do you get?

* Open enrollment begins November 1st 2016 and lasts until 1/31/2017*
The Affordable Care Act is a new changes each year, which is where I come in. Let me do the work for you and find the right plan and benefits at the lowest possible cost. In the meantime, window shop and enroll on your own at https://Steffen.acaexpress.com NOTE rates for coverage starting 01/01/2017 will not be available until 11/01/2016.

Thanks and I will reach out to you as well!

Regards,

kdlasfdljasd asdf
-------------------------------------

Dan

I agree. A questionnaire on your web page will work a lot better.

BC it takes way too long and inevitably the client steers the conversation elsewhere, doesn't have the info at their fingertips. Let me spell my meds for you l...I...s...I...n...o...p...r...I...l...10 mg, wait no thats 20 mgs now or is it still 10...

When you deal start to deal in volume, you have to get creative in order to keep your sanity. For example, yesterday I had a 60 yr old lose her job/early retirement. She called and left a VM. I listened to the VM, understood she was ACA then texted her to ask for her email. She texted me right back, I sent her the canned email and now she sent me all her specifics, including the outline of coverage for COBRA, which may be her best route. I have everything I need in a secure non losable email with about 2 minutes invested in the process. Compare that to me calling her back, leaving a VM, she calls me, etc and then we have a 30 min conversation. Just not as efficient in my mind.

BC it takes way too long and inevitably the client steers the conversation elsewhere, doesn't have the info at their fingertips. Let me spell my meds for you l...I...s...I...n...o...p...r...I...l...10 mg, wait no thats 20 mgs now or is it still 10...

When you deal start to deal in volume, you have to get creative in order to keep your sanity. For example, yesterday I had a 60 yr old lose her job/early retirement. She called and left a VM. I listened to the VM, understood she was ACA then texted her to ask for her email. She texted me right back, I sent her the canned email and now she sent me all her specifics, including the outline of coverage for COBRA, which may be her best route. I have everything I need in a secure non losable email with about 2 minutes invested in the process. Compare that to me calling her back, leaving a VM, she calls me, etc and then we have a 30 min conversation. Just not as efficient in my mind.

Hahaha. Man you nailed it on those phone calls, that was great

Back