Emailing Aged Leads Vs. Calling

zenthunder

First post - Just playing with an idea.. I wanted to send out a newsletter with useful information to people as a way to drip market them. I have a bunch of aged leads I purchased, but it seems like emailing people off this list would put me in the sights of the spam police am I right? It seems odd to me that I can call someone (not on DNC obv) cold who filled out a web form a year ago but not send them emails? Does anyone here do this in a way that is safe, say 50 or 100 people a day? I don't really want to get my domain blacklisted for just sending out emails... Opinions?

Depends on where you got them.

As far as the spam police go, they're a non-issue. You're going to end up getting your IP blacklisted (not the domain) and/or any number of other things. Calling them will mean taking a lot of abuse, but it's going to be much more productive than doing email blasts. If you want to get the email blast thing out of your system there are some companies you can use (I'm happy to give you a referral), but if these were ever shared internet leads you better believe they'll never stop getting emails from countless others.

Most of the internet leads you're going to have are going to be invalid and/or on the DNC at the one year mark.

Back