Emailing prospects/clients "video quotes" instead of sending PDF's

Stay100

Expert
Obviously, face to face is the best way to gain trust and close the deal. I have a few situations where I know the person is genuinely interested and I have already gained some trust or report with. But I just can't book an appointment because of distance and/or them being very busy business owners. The video I would send would be for explaining concepts, products, illustrations, and cost.
Has anyone tried this method of presenting life insurance? I know it's not something I would be doing very often as most of my business comes from face to face meetings. But I think this could be pretty helpful in certain situations.

I
I would never.

What if u explain something wrong?

I would review it before I send it. Just like I would with any email. That is not a worry for me. I think that presenting insurance this way will only become more popular.

Obviously, face to face is the best way to gain trust and close the deal. I have a few situations where I know the person is genuinely interested and I have already gained some trust or report with. But I just can't book an appointment because of distance and/or them being very busy business owners. The video I would send would be for explaining concepts, products, illustrations, and cost.
Has anyone tried this method of presenting life insurance? I know it's not something I would be doing very often as most of my business comes from face to face meetings. But I think this could be pretty helpful in certain situations.

First off, I don't always agree with the f2f mantra. If prospects can look you up online, you have a website, social media, reviews of your services, etc. it is a lot more social proof than some random person showing up at your house or them going to your office.

That being said, I generate 100% of my leads online so your experience may be different.

It's even easier to do phone sales as a referral.

I do video quotes but my personal business is 100% phone sales (and I mainly do DI which is complex to begin with).

I find video to be a great strategy for creating a connection and helping the client understand what they're buying.

You obviously can't speak in hyperbole or use any examples that aren't 100% accurate but if you stay fairly generic, it can be a great way to connect and build trust.

After all, you have to run the quotes anyway, so why not let the client see what you're doing and explain why you're doing it.

First off, I don't always agree with the f2f mantra. If prospects can look you up online, you have a website, social media, reviews of your services, etc. it is a lot more social proof than some random person showing up at your house or them going to your office.

That being said, I generate 100% of my leads online so your experience may be different.

It's even easier to do phone sales as a referral.

I do video quotes but my personal business is 100% phone sales (and I mainly do DI which is complex to begin with).

I find video to be a great strategy for creating a connection and helping the client understand what they're buying.

You obviously can't speak in hyperbole or use any examples that aren't 100% accurate but if you stay fairly generic, it can be a great way to connect and build trust.

After all, you have to run the quotes anyway, so why not let the client see what you're doing and explain why you're doing it.

Do you email the video or have a live video call? Also, what software do you use for your video?

Pardon my intrusion, but adding in my five cents worth . . .

My gig is Medicare supplement, not life.

I do everything online and by phone. No F2F. Been that way for about 30 years.

As long as you THINK it is easier to "gain trust and close the deal" you will not be as successful as you could be by taking F2F off the table.

Pet peeve warning.

Car salesmen have customers and close "deals".

Insurance agents have clients and make sales.

Understand the difference.

Some folks are more comfortable F2F while others prefer remote sales by phone. Others don't care either way.

I have a YT channel with about 50 videos. I don't send video quotes but I could. Just don't think it would be productive for me.

I also don't do video conferencing, screen sharing, etc. All my clients are 65+. Most are internet literate but not what I would consider savvy. Never felt a need to video conference or screen share. But I know many agents rely on that method. If it works for them, great.

If you think videos would help, make some addressing general information and answering common questions. No need to generate a personal video quote.

This is a life insurance forum, so I presume you are pushing life insurance. Term is a rate game unless you have a sub-standard risk. Then you have to build credibility and gain trust you can help them out.

Complex financial planning involving life insurance can, in some cases, be better served in person. But I do know LTCi agents on this site that never leave their office. They have clients all over the country and do everything by email and phone.

For my videos I use a Logitech HD Pro C920 and Yeti mic. Also use a mixture of natural light and studio lighting. I have about $250 invested in equipment and don't use any special software. Only the Logitech software that came with the camera.

Im going to give Bob some props on his videos: They are pretty damn good. Informative, to the point, good topics, good recording (audio and video) quality. Nice work Bob!

Back