Emailing to Groups

wilkin

Guru
100+ Post Club
Is there a way to automate sending email to groups in order to prevent problems with your ISP?

For example if you had a list of 500 is there a way to send out 10 at a time without having to copy and paste each group of 10?

If you create a gmail account, I believe you can send out like 450 emails a day. If you lose the account, no big deal. The legal matters is another issue.

What you are talking about is not legal. There is a spam act law that makes it where you can't just spam people.

Not entirely correct. Spam is indeed legal. You simply need to follow the rules for the CAN-SPAM Act - no misleading title, ability to opt out, business address in the email, etc...

The issue at hand is ISPs want to give their users a positive experience. For example, Verizon is my ISP. If I get barraged by spam then I'm pissed at Verizon and may cancel. Because of that Verizon tries to eliminate the spam I receive by blocking it.

No legit source wants to be blocked - Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc...so per their TOS they only allow opt-in lists and with some it's double opt in.

So if you want find a way to blast out your message to a list that's not opt in, that's perfectly fine as long as it's CAN-SPAM compliant.

Yes while the email would be unsolicited it would meet the requirements to be can-spam compliant.

It seems there must be some way to automate the delivery of the messages in small batches using gmail, outlook, thunderbird, etc.

Back