Emails post-enrollment

JJ2713

Guru
I didn't see anything in the AHIP about emails after MAPD enrollment.

Can you send emails to your clients reminding them of the benefits of their plan, to get the preventive care included at no cost, to remember their dental benefit, to take advantage of all the perks (gym, etc.), etc.?

The emails can even be automated, based on each plan.

This is simply good follow-up and part of a good retention program.

This can apply to MedSupps as well.

Haven't seen anything about this.

I believe this would fall under marketing material, I would get anything that you plan on sending to more than one client approved by the carrier.

You can make this much simpler. When you send an email, you make it very generic just like in this post you made. Blast them all at once.

Tell them to make sure they use all of their benefits that you discussed at your meeting. Some of the benefits could include dental, transportation, OTC etc.
Let them know if they are uncertain of their benefits to give you a call or an email back.

If someone calls or emails you about their benefits you can let them know. There’s no rule against letting your client know their benefits.

You can make this much simpler. When you send an email, you make it very generic just like in this post you made. Blast them all at once.

Tell them to make sure they use all of their benefits that you discussed at your meeting. Some of the benefits could include dental, transportation, OTC etc.
Let them know if they are uncertain of their benefits to give you a call or an email back.

If someone calls or emails you about their benefits you can let them know. There’s no rule against letting your client know their benefits.

That's what I was thinking. Some reminders as part of a retention program would only help.

Are you suggesting the reminder is not anything specific to their plan, just a general reminder to use the benefits of their plan? Mention the benefit, but not the exact benefit of their plan?

Your reasoning is that it would just be generic content and not anything plan specific, so there's no way it would violate any of the million rules?

That works, it would have a similar effect to mentioning plan specific benefits.

I believe this would fall under marketing material, I would get anything that you plan on sending to more than one client approved by the carrier.

That's what I was thinking even though it makes no logical sense to have to get something (report, email, etc.) approved that's just reiterating the benefits of the plan.

I might go this route if I get any push-back from the FMO compliance guy.

Back