Ending the SOA

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
We all hate the SOA. It's just annoying. We comply, but it's annoying.

It's annoying to us as agents and to our prospects / clients.

It wastes time. It's something else we have to explain when we could just say, "I'll see you next week at 3pm."

I wonder if there would be any value if we as agents encouraged our prospects / clients to complain to CMS about having to initial and sign before they could see their agents?

If enough people complained about this - would it make a difference?

Just thinking out loud...

"I'm so glad that my agent had me initial, sign, and mail back a piece of paper to him before he came out. It made me feel so safe." - no Medicare Beneficiary has ever said that.

Last edited:

It wastes time. It's something else we have to explain when we could just say, "I'll see you next week at 3pm."

I wonder if there would be any value if we as agents encouraged our prospects / clients to complain to CMS about having to initial and sign before they could see their agents?

"I'm so glad that my agent had me initial, sign, and mail back a piece of paper to him before he came out. I made me feel so safe." - no Medicare Beneficiary has ever said that.

Lol. My clients say to me almost always! :-)

"I'm so glad that my agent had me initial, sign, and mail back a piece of paper to him before he came out. It made me feel so safe." - no Medicare Beneficiary has ever said that.

My guess is, if you did that, CMS, in their infite wisdom, would interpret your clients complaining about the SOA as them complaining about you. And then you will somehow end of with a 'Section A' violation, or some kind of fine.

My guess is, if you did that, CMS, in their infite wisdom, would interpret your clients complaining about the SOA as them complaining about you. And then you will somehow end of with a 'Section A' violation, or some kind of fine.

I fear what's in your head to cause you to think like CMS... You are probably spot on.

But I guess knowing the enemy is part of the game. :1arghh:

Back