Enrolling via Medicare dot guv

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
If someone enrolls in an MA, Medigap or PDP via M dot guv is there a commission generated? Paid to Uncle Sam or . . . ????

Does the client become a house account for the carrier(s)?

Thanks.

But do you know if the carrier pays Mcar a commission or finders fee?

Well... I'm thinking most insurance companies have zero desire to pay out any commissions unnecessarily. Just a guess.
And necessarily as well! They are all trying to avoid paying commissions any way possible, plus sniping away at clients "you" have brought to them. It's funny how they all blow smoke up our sphincters at their meetings with patronizing comments about how important we are to them and how much they want to support us. Yeah....right!!

If someone enrolls in an MA, Medigap or PDP via M dot guv is there a commission generated? Paid to Uncle Sam or . . . ????

Does the client become a house account for the carrier(s)?

I know of 2 carriers now (Humana and Anthem BC BS) that are retaining agent AOR when a like-to-like plan change is made on M dot gov.

Somewhat, but not entirely, unrelated to your question - but interesting, nonetheless. My conclusion, from knowing that, is that there is no way they are retaining Agent AOR's comp and paying M dot gov a commission.

Back