Enrolling via Medicare dot guv

Would the answer have been different if I used the term kickback, finders fee, bribe . . .?

Carriers can do all kinds of things agents cant, especially with PDP and MA plans. Same can be said for dot guv. They took a Medigap client away a few yrs ago when applying for a PDP. Turned him into an MA client for someone other than me. Didn't find out until the following year when he had a question about his "new" supplement plan.

I know the carriers love to take as much away from brokers as possible and treat any call in as a new house account. Had that happen before with the two carriers Scott mentioned and another who is "Glad I met ya". Lost commissions that were never paid and clients that disappeared into thin air.

Gotta love this business.

If someone enrolls in an MA, Medigap or PDP via M dot guv is there a commission generated? Paid to Uncle Sam or . . . ????

Does the client become a house account for the carrier(s)?
I think you already know the answer to this question? Are you just asking a question to ask a question?

The house account part was a given. The commission thing was not. Figured Uncle looks for revenue anywhere they can. If they could get a referral fee seems logical they would. Carriers could pay a flat fee per enrollment and possibly do to places like SHIP.

Plus I wanted to pad my post count in case Crabcake Johnny returns.

Med.Gov pays a per person precoordinate amount to the insurance companies to privately insure people. Id imagine they would just get a break per person, if anything, rather than some type of accountable reimbursement. any noncommissionable would just be on the books for the insurance company as internal or excess revenue.

Back