Entry Level Life Insurance Agent, Best Company to work for

Missyjojo88

Hello all, I'm a license agent who received my license with the NAA, but I never got myself going because it involved driving around and cold leads. Also I just don't want to be involved in an MLM company and regret joining them out of desperation to work at that time. I was also having car problems and couldn't constantly drive around without fear of my car stopping with me on the road. But it's been a year now and I am wanting to find a company that I could work for in an office setting. I also need some training before I start, although I have my license. What company would best suit a beginner who is more comfortable working at an office and wants get trained by the company? I live in the area of Atlanta, GA.

There are some agents that sell insurance over the phone from home as an independent agent.

For captive career agencies, you usually get a cubicle which is just for work processing and making calls, not for meeting with clients. They'll usually have conference rooms available for that, but you'd have to reserve your time in advance.

But if you're wanting an office setting, your best bet would be to get a job at a bank. At least banks have potential prospects walking in every day. You could be a financial advisor assistant.

There are many telesales agencies now a days. You could start on Craigslist or join a bunch of life insurance agent Facebook groups. You'll have every recruiter coming out of the woodwork for ya lol

You might be a better fit in a call center type of insurance agency as a producer, answering phone calls from prospects looking to buy insurance.

Reactions: DHK
If you really want to work from an office, this is probably the wrong business for you. the life insurance game is all about getting face to face in mostly at home settings. If you are a multi-line agent with Allstate, Farmers Shelter etc then it becomes common to write life in the office as you cross sell. What you need is a better car, and a good experienced mentor. When you have both you will see your reluctance to getting out drop.
As much as I hate the career shop companies, they do provide solid training. Were talking about being an direct agent for the carrier. Good luck, Always keep God number One in your life. He has promised to help those that do.

Latest posts

Back