Equine(Horse) Insurance Questions.

sensesfailed069

I guess some background information would help 1st. Im currently brand spanking new to the industry i have passed both the Life&Health as well as the P&C Exams here in NY, as well as applying for an out of state license in FL. I am currently looking to get started writing Equine Mortality policies, i know i know seems like a weird line to get started with but i just cant deny the natural market i have. My fiance runs 2 100 stall show barns and over there years i have racked up many personal connections in the Equine industry, not only here in NY but in Wellington, and Ocala Fl as well. Now onto the question i was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any Brokers, or MGAs that carry equine lines. Im figuring that not only can i wite the policies for the animals, I can alco work in insuring the trailers,trucks,etc. as well. Any info that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

American Equine Insurance Group should get you started. I highly recommend you speak with some of the contacts you have in the industry as they will know the market (somewhat)

Back