Equis, Symmetry, Assurance, oh my...!

No one said you should sign up. If you're an experienced successful agent, this is certainly not the right direction for you.

My recommendation was for a brand new person who wanted to get just a little bit of experience without spending any of his own money on leads or software, and without getting stuck in the paralysis of analysis with so many options to research out there.

All you heavy hitters: keep doing what you're doing. Nothing to see here!!!

No, I assumed the product would be overpriced as well. I was surprised to find out it wasn't. But I don't blame you for making the assumption. With a commission rate that low, you would think there's a lot of other problems underneath the hood.
It's Lumico. Shop them yourself. You'll see they're oftentimes very competitive.

I just looked at the emails from over the weekend: the top 3 guys working Saturday made an avg of $4700 that day for 8 hours of work. (they probably made more than that, but I was using the lowest commission rate. They're probably much higher.)

Some people are making $$$.

Like with any office or even an insurance company’s monthly numbers you’ll see people making tons of money. What you don’t see are the 90% of the agents that make little to nothing.

What do I want? The best chance to make it in this biz and to do that I need higher commissions and to own my own business.
The whole work smarter saying

Cehinton - I am a brand new person and I appreciate an honest opinion. I'm assuming not paying for leads, no overhead, and no mileage somewhat alleviates the low comission. The other side of the balance is no book of business, no renewals (?) and an inability to build a team for over rides. Did I miss anything?
What are the "heavy hitters" doing, specifically, that I could consider don the line?

Yeah, you pretty much have it down. There are negatives to balance every positive.
The key to success is putting in enough time on the platform. If you work 8 hours per day, you'd certainly make a decent living. There are 6 "tiers". When you convert incoming calls to premium, you move up the tier ladder. Once you are in a nice low tier, like 1 or 2, you're going to be getting tons of calls with little wait. If you are on Tier 6, you could go an hour, or even 2, with no calls. Sometimes. But I've been on Tier 6 with plenty of calls occasionally too.

You want to keep off of Tier 6. All the people making big $ are in the lower tiers, obviously.

Also, the more states you are licensed in, the better your chances are of getting calls frequently.

Could these people be making more $ with their own business? Yes, if they can get the same # of prospects to talk to in a day, they would be making TONS more. I just am not set up to fund big lead purchases on a weekly basis. At least not yet.

I hope I've painted a realistic enough picture w/o sugar coating anything. I'm trying to be objective so you can make the best decision for yourself.

Yes I would recommend them and here's why:
If you're new to the industry this will give you ONE product line, and ONE company, and ONE process/system to concentrate on in order to learn the basics of selling Life Ins. Sure the commission level is low. But many people are making a good living in spite of that fact because they are selling 3-5 policies on most days.

How is this good for the Client?

Very Doubtful . . .

No, I assumed the product would be overpriced as well. I was surprised to find out it wasn't. But I don't blame you for making the assumption. With a commission rate that low, you would think there's a lot of other problems underneath the hood.
It's Lumico. Shop them yourself. You'll see they're oftentimes very competitive.

Lumico is rarely competitive in the FE market.

That is a fair point. Lumico is the only company there is to write. I would much prefer if the system ran quotes from all the carriers that wrote apps over the phone and I could list all the prices for the customer and let them choose. That would certainly be ideal. If I was designing my own gig, that's how it would go.

That is a fair point. Lumico is the only company there is to write. I would much prefer if the system ran quotes from all the carriers that wrote apps over the phone and I could list all the prices for the customer and let them choose. That would certainly be ideal. If I was designing my own gig, that's how it would go.

FexQuotes.com

Why so they can pick the lowest company and not qualify lmao.

Yeah, you pretty much have it down. There are negatives to balance every positive.
The key to success is putting in enough time on the platform. If you work 8 hours per day, you'd certainly make a decent living. There are 6 "tiers". When you convert incoming calls to premium, you move up the tier ladder. Once you are in a nice low tier, like 1 or 2, you're going to be getting tons of calls with little wait. If you are on Tier 6, you could go an hour, or even 2, with no calls. Sometimes. But I've been on Tier 6 with plenty of calls occasionally too.

You want to keep off of Tier 6. All the people making big $ are in the lower tiers, obviously.

Also, the more states you are licensed in, the better your chances are of getting calls frequently.

Could these people be making more $ with their own business? Yes, if they can get the same # of prospects to talk to in a day, they would be making TONS more. I just am not set up to fund big lead purchases on a weekly basis. At least not yet.

I hope I've painted a realistic enough picture w/o sugar coating anything. I'm trying to be objective so you can make the best decision for yourself.

It’s definitely not bad if you get free leads and they are incoming phone calls. If that is what they are doing, no wonder it’s low commissions and no renewals. They are doing the hard part of this job for you. *again, if it’s free and incoming

Back