Equis? What was your experiance?

Hey Steve,

Welcome back to the industry! We haven't had any experiences with Equis Financial to be able to comment. However, if you're looking for an established, reputable company who will not only be able to provide the support you need but also pay you the commission levels you deserve, Broker's Alliance can definitely help out. Feel free to give me a call directly at 480-816-9000 ext. 170 with any questions.

Do you mind posting your comp schedule? What kind of support do you provide?

A HUGE THANKS to everyone who contributed positively to this thread. I was just about to apply to work with the Theodore Group/Equis. Back to searching for a good Chicago Senior/F.I. FMO. Thanks again!
-Allen

I know someone on that list! Wow

I don't know first hand how they operate, but I hear they do "interviews" to hire people all day long, from job ads they have posted. The only way these interviewers make $ is IF those folks stick around, get licensed, and sell cases. Seems like alot of work for a big IF.
:wacko:

That may be the worst comp schedule Ive ever seen...how do they sleep at night?
You obviously haven't seen SFG..... :wacko:
As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most of Equis agents are former SFG. That extra 10% starting comp is just too good to pass up.

You're selling your soul when you sign their 10-page contract just to sell insurance. Many threats of lawsuits, $10k/per offense going back 18-mos and going forward two years and more. Just know this is a serious captive agency, leaving is not really an option unless you're leaving the business. You can contract with other IMO's, just can't sell Term, IUL, Annuities or Final Expense. Yeah, right... ;-} If you write business with any other IMO, even using your own leads, and they find out, you can and will be sued and liable for damages and legal expenses. Of course, if you used leads from another source and wrote with them, I'm sure they'd be fine with that.... scary stuff for a 70% contract, so many better choices out there...

Paragraph 4: "Exclusive conduit for contracting. Independent Contractor shall contract with the Represented Carriers exclusively through Equis and as set forth in this Agreement. While Independent Contractor may also contract with other insurance carriers and through other IMO’s, Independent Contractor may not sell products that compete or conflict with those offered by or through Equis."

Just know this is a serious captive agency, leaving is not really an option unless you're leaving the business. You can contract with other IMO's, just can't sell Term, IUL, Annuities or Final Expense. Yeah, right... ;-}

Equis = Hotel California? :D:D:D

Back