Equita Final Expense

rhail

Does anyone on here know anything about Equita's final expense program? They seem to have a pretty good lead program using mailers. I'm considering signing up with them and would like to get some more scoop before I make a decision. Thanks in advance.

Try the search feature. There is a bunch of information out there, you may want to search for EFES also.

My summary would be:

Pros
Good training
Fixed lead cost
Decent contract when condsidering above

Cons
No release

...You will not see allot of comments from the 500 plus equita guys & gals because we are working between 20 and 30 new (exclusive) leads every week.....
[email protected]
:)

OMG. HealthAgent (John P.) must be out to lunch. He is the one that usually takes down those members who use the phrase "allot" when they really mean "a lot." Allot means to assign as a share or a portion, for example, to allot ten minutes for the speech.:err:

BTW welcome to the forum.:)

I was contracted under EFES in 2012. My experience with them started out ok, and quickly turned into an absolute nightmare:

The leads showed up in my initial zip code as requested - by the way, they aren't qualified for tobacco, cancer, etc., whatsoever - and they advertise qualified leads right on their website. Total nonsense - I would call places whereby the residents had moved months in advance, or in some cases, had died. And they weren't clear about their return policy either - individuals have to send lead cards back saying the person they were intended for has died in order to get credit? Who's family member is sending back lead cards saying their loved ones have passed? Total nonsense that wasn't explained to me when the EFES manager pitched me the EFES "service" over the phone.

About a week into the service, I immediately changed my mailing zip code to a city closer to me, since I was driving almost an hour and a half to my initial mailing zone. The EFES staff was very slow to reply to emails, and in a few cases my direct "marketing manager" failed to respond to emails completely regarding leads that I thought I deserved credit for. I was bewildered by it. In addition to this, there were some EFES sales materials and whitepapers that I needed additional copies of, and upon contacting my EFES manager for them, seemed to have NO IDEA what I was talking about. I exchanged 7-10 emails describing the papers they had ALREADY SENT ME and needed additional copies of, and I never got them. Couldn't download them off the website either. I was very frustrated to put it lightly.

A short while later, on a conference call with myseld and other agents, one agent did not have enough money pay for his leads, and his credit card was declined. The EFES manager on the phone demanded that we removed overdraft protection on our credit cards in the event we did not have enough cash to pay for leads - as a function of improving our "sales work ethic" - and then demanded an EMAIL CONFIRMATION from each of us saying that we had done so. I did not comply with this.

Then this happened - a fellow agent and friend of mine cancelled the service - one who operated close by to me, and at the same time, I stopped getting leads in my inbox. I received no leads for almost a month, and received a conference call from several EFES managers claiming that they were having "administrative difficulty" trying to get lead cards from the new zip code that I had requested in my first week of the service. They then told me that they had leads from my friend who was also working for EFES and wanted to give them to me. I denied these leads, requested the ones I wanted originally, and later on received a TEXT MESSAGE from my direct upline saying "We're going to move forward with giving you [agent's] leads, when I was a young agent, I too had to drive quite an hour plus" - this is all totally 100% true. I received the other agents leads anyway, and that is when I put a stop payment on my credit card, without notice to the company. I am now in a lega dispute with EFES on what I owe, and do not owe.

All of the above is 100% true. No embellishments. On top of commission chargebacks, I would be very wary of signing with EFES.

I was contracted under EFES in 2012. My experience with them started out ok, and quickly turned into an absolute nightmare:

The leads showed up in my initial zip code as requested - by the way, they aren't qualified for tobacco, cancer, etc., whatsoever - and they advertise qualified leads right on their website. Total nonsense - I would call places whereby the residents had moved months in advance, or in some cases, had died. And they weren't clear about their return policy either - individuals have to send lead cards back saying the person they were intended for has died in order to get credit? Who's family member is sending back lead cards saying their loved ones have passed? Total nonsense that wasn't explained to me when the EFES manager pitched me the EFES "service" over the phone.

About a week into the service, I immediately changed my mailing zip code to a city closer to me, since I was driving almost an hour and a half to my initial mailing zone. The EFES staff was very slow to reply to emails, and in a few cases my direct "marketing manager" failed to respond to emails completely regarding leads that I thought I deserved credit for. I was bewildered by it. In addition to this, there were some EFES sales materials and whitepapers that I needed additional copies of, and upon contacting my EFES manager for them, seemed to have NO IDEA what I was talking about. I exchanged 7-10 emails describing the papers they had ALREADY SENT ME and needed additional copies of, and I never got them. Couldn't download them off the website either. I was very frustrated to put it lightly.

A short while later, on a conference call with myseld and other agents, one agent did not have enough money pay for his leads, and his credit card was declined. The EFES manager on the phone demanded that we removed overdraft protection on our credit cards in the event we did not have enough cash to pay for leads - as a function of improving our "sales work ethic" - and then demanded an EMAIL CONFIRMATION from each of us saying that we had done so. I did not comply with this.

Then this happened - a fellow agent and friend of mine cancelled the service - one who operated close by to me, and at the same time, I stopped getting leads in my inbox. I received no leads for almost a month, and received a conference call from several EFES managers claiming that they were having "administrative difficulty" trying to get lead cards from the new zip code that I had requested in my first week of the service. They then told me that they had leads from my friend who was also working for EFES and wanted to give them to me. I denied these leads, requested the ones I wanted originally, and later on received a TEXT MESSAGE from my direct upline saying "We're going to move forward with giving you [agent's] leads, when I was a young agent, I too had to drive quite an hour plus" - this is all totally 100% true. I received the other agents leads anyway, and that is when I put a stop payment on my credit card, without notice to the company. I am now in a lega dispute with EFES on what I owe, and do not owe.

All of the above is 100% true. No embellishments. On top of commission chargebacks, I would be very wary of signing with EFES.

Just wondering, are LH leads qualified for tobacco/cancer?

Back