Equitable (almost) Calls it Quits in Medicare Supplement Market

rates been going up so much already, I have already switched 20% of my book with them, going to be proactive now

Just got the email - hopefully some of the uninsurables don't get hit with huge (more) increases...
I haven't got an e-mail yet, but I just called and confirmed. As of June 25th. She couldn't tell me much.

I wonder how this is going to affect the companies like LCBA, that they're TPA for.

Looks to me like Sterling Investors is going to take a real nice little company and destroy it. :mad:

Crap!!

Still have about 50 folks with them. Got to find a home for them and do it soon.

Didn't get email. Don't see anything in the directives. I guess Equitable National (or whatever the "new" carrier is) is toast as well.

Aren't they the TPA for a number of carriers? Getting out of the risk side shouldn't kill the TPA. That should be profitable.

Justin, can you post the email or send it to me?

thx

Crap!!

Still have about 50 folks with them. Got to find a home for them and do it soon.

Didn't get email. Don't see anything in the directives. I guess Equitable National (or whatever the "new" carrier is) is toast as well.

Aren't they the TPA for a number of carriers? Getting out of the risk side shouldn't kill the TPA. That should be profitable.

Justin, can you post the email or send it to me?

thx

Here ya go!

Attachments

• Equitable Quits.pdf
    165.8 KB · Views: 68
Here ya go!
Thanks Justin.

They're not selling anymore Equitable Life and Casualty Med Supps, but they're still going to sell Med Supps under the Equitable National name. Yes, Equitable's playing the shell game.

Illinois' not on the list, because we haven't approved Equitable National yet, so we can still sell Equitable L&C. That's probably why I didn't get an e-mail). I notice that Georgia's not on the list Bob, because I believe you already have Equitable National already.

Just got the email - hopefully some of the uninsurables don't get hit with huge (more) increases...
My wife and I got notices of rate increases effective July 1.....

Question? Neither of us could qualify for underwriting at this time... If we switch to a med advantage plan this fall (first time med adv.) does that me we will have a GI period that we can switch to any company's med supp since Equitable would no longer be available?

My wife and I got notices of rate increases effective July 1.....

Question? Neither of us could qualify for underwriting at this time... If we switch to a med advantage plan this fall (first time med adv.) does that me we will have a GI period that we can switch to any company's med supp since Equitable would no longer be available?
That's the way it's supposed to work. Then use your Trial Right after a month.

Most companies are doing this now aetna mutual cigna for years even bankers has bfac/bflic new era phila american new era of the midwest. I gotta believe we will see more of this

Latest posts

Back