Equitable (almost) Calls it Quits in Medicare Supplement Market

Your comment, Sir is more suited to the FEX forum... Just sayin.'

It's hard to stay on Keto or any diet, long-term. Low-carb, most of the time would probably help, in her case.
I had to unhide ignored content to see what you were talking about. Using the ignore function really makes the forum more enjoyable. It took me a few years to figure that out...

I just had a prospect call me, saying that Cigna has discontinued his med supp as of 21/31/18 and "they forgot to tell him". He's now looking to replace it. Its 3/19/2019. Has a gi period come and gone for situations like this? We aren't in an election period for mapd plans either, so does he have any options if he's in bad shape?

I just had a prospect call me, saying that Cigna has discontinued his med supp as of 21/31/18 and "they forgot to tell him". He's now looking to replace it. Its 3/19/2019. Has a gi period come and gone for situations like this? We aren't in an election period for mapd plans either, so does he have any options if he's in bad shape?
Clinet is confused there is no way Cigna d/c their plan. He probably did not pay his premium. Does he have a supplement or a Medicare advantage plan. The two are very different. The client has a 6 month Medicare supplement open enrollment opportunity from the time they 1st received their Part B. Of the clinet is outside of this window then they would have to medically qualify for a Medicare supplement plan.

Have the client take a picture of their Medicare card and their cigna card and share with you . If they are within 6 months of getting Part B u can rewrite without putting the client through underwriting. What state r u in?

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Florida, but he may have brought his supp from another state. I've asked for pics of both cards and haven't received them yet. He said he has a supp, but i haven't confirmed that yet.

Number 6 - client has 63 days from the end of his involuntary loss of coverage to secure new coverage.
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/staticpages/learn/rights-and-protections.aspx

In most cases, $0 commission to agent

This is the first I have heard of Cigna bailing on the Medigap market. Not real surprising they would leave. I know the agents that heavily promoted the #CIGNA name will be disappointed they will not qualify for trips.

Can anyone confirm this? Nationwide or state specific?

Number 6 - client has 63 days from the end of his involuntary loss of coverage to secure new coverage.
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/staticpages/learn/rights-and-protections.aspx

In most cases, $0 commission to agent

This is the first I have heard of Cigna bailing on the Medigap market. Not real surprising they would leave. I know the agents that heavily promoted the #CIGNA name will be disappointed they will not qualify for trips.

Can anyone confirm this? Nationwide or state specific?
Is this comment for real? You are going to take the word of a senior that cigna terminated them or is bailing. Client is trying save face. I heard from 3 clients today they did not receive cards. This is code for I do not open my mail. Cigna is not going anywhere.

So sorry I took @Devin01 off ignore. That is 10 seconds off my life I will never get back. Of course now I am reminded why I decided to ignore your crap.

Carry on.

Back