Equitable Life Question

Read the policy. It would be hilarious if it didn't.

That would be ironic, wouldn't it...especially if it was a claim involving Equitable. :laugh:

----------

Illini, when I read your reply to what appeared to be a Med supp marketing question, I thought you were being funny, like your avatar. I was ROFL!

The forum says he's an "expert." Wonder why an "expert" would pull a trick like that?? :goofy:

Hahaha, I thought I was imagining things until I saw where I had quoted him. I don't know if I'd seen anybody do that before.:twitchy:

I have my E&O through NAPA and it's sponsored by Equitable. Do you think it'll cover B-rated companies?:err:

https://www.napa-benefits.org/nd/errors-and-omissions#life-and-health-agents

This policy provides coverage for claims that arise from the sale and servicing of self-funded group health plans if they are funded in whole or in part by an insurance company or product. Multiple employer trust or welfare arrangement are not covered and insolvency claims are excluded except for admitted carriers with an A- rating at time of sale.

NAPA has different E&O programs, but generally change pricing due to experience and designations. Your mileage may vary.

Here's what I suggest:

1) Go find some B-rated Medicare supplement carriers; and

2) Find some seniors who don't know anything about financial strength ratings, never heard of Moody's or A M Best, and think Standard & Poors gives away green stamps; and

3) Go sell 'em!

That's what I suggest. ;)

I only represent B-rated carriers. To hell with those snooty A-rated companies.:mad:

S&H Green stamps, I can remember saving those many years ago. I think they're still using them in a few southern states.:yes:

Insurer shall have the right and duty to defend the Insured in any such Claim, provided such
Claim arises from the Insured’s placement of coverage with an admitted Insurer with an A.M.
Best rating of “A-” or better rating at the time of placement;

According to the language in the policy as stated above, the policy will not cover claims arising from EL&C's insolvency even though they promote the plan to their agents.

1) Go find some B-rated Medicare supplement carriers; and

2) Find some seniors who don't know anything about financial strength ratings, never heard of Moody's or A M Best, and think Standard & Poors gives away green stamps; and

3) Go sell 'em!

Probably 90% of my business is with B rated carriers. I run rings around agents who sell on carrier rating.

BTW, ever hear of . . .
Mutual Benefit
AIG
Baldwin United
Executive Life

Insurer shall have the right and duty to defend the Insured in any such Claim, provided such
Claim arises from the Insured’s placement of coverage with an admitted Insurer with an A.M.
Best rating of “A-” or better rating at the time of placement;

According to the language in the policy as stated above, the policy will not cover claims arising from EL&C's insolvency even though they promote the plan to their agents.

That's not in my policy.:no:

----------

Probably 90% of my business is with B rated carriers. I run rings around agents who sell on carrier rating.

BTW, ever hear of . . .
Mutual Benefit
AIG
Baldwin United
Executive Life

I'm still waiting to hear the A.M. Best rating for AARP? Have you seen anything on that Bob?:twitchy:

Latest posts

Back