Equitable Life Question

AARP is not an insurance company. They are basically a big IMO.

I know...I'm joking. There's an agent on here jblage, or something like that that was going on about only representing A-rated companies for Medicare Supplements and mentioned MOFO and AARP as 2 of the A-rated companies that he represented. I've debated with this person several times and the last time, he tried to act like he was joking. :laugh:

I said that to Bob because he took part.:yes:

I'm still waiting to hear the A.M. Best rating for AARP? Have you seen anything on that Bob?:twitchy:

Looked high and low and just can't find it!! :D

On a serious note, I hope they have some "safe zones" and therapy dogs at AARP headquarters for their execs (huge supporters of Obamacare, etc.). A bunch of them probably had a coronary when the election results came in... hehehe...

Insurer shall have the right and duty to defend the Insured in any such Claim, provided such
Claim arises from the Insured’s placement of coverage with an admitted Insurer with an A.M.
Best rating of “A-” or better rating at the time of placement;

According to the language in the policy as stated above, the policy will not cover claims arising from EL&C's insolvency even though they promote the plan to their agents.

On a more serious note. I have seen programs sponsored by B carriers that did not contain that clause or had a clause extending coverage for the sponsoring carrier.

Carriers tend to think agents are stupid, just not completely stupid.

Back