Equtable Life's Plan Increases

eagles12

Expert
One of my favorite companies to do business with has been Equitable Life and Casuaity. Last week, I received a notice the company was raising their rates for the Modernized plan F & N plans 9.5 %. Today I received a call from a client who's on Equitable Life's Plan F She told me her semi-annual rate was jumping "a couple hundred dollars" effective May 1.
I went to my quote engine , after speaking with the client, to find that Equitable is now an AM Best "B" rated company. It was a B+ a few years ago when I was appointed.
Should I be concerned for my clients? Thanks.

One of my favorite companies to do business with has been Equitable Life and Casuaity. Last week, I received a notice the company was raising their rates for the Modernized plan F & N plans 9.5 %. Today I received a call from a client who's on Equitable Life's Plan F She told me her semi-annual rate was jumping "a couple hundred dollars" effective May 1. I went to my quote engine , after speaking with the client, to find that Equitable is now an AM Best "B" rated company. It was a B+ a few years ago when I was appointed. Should I be concerned for my clients? Thanks.

How is G in your area?

One of my favorite companies to do business with has been Equitable Life and Casuaity. Last week, I received a notice the company was raising their rates for the Modernized plan F & N plans 9.5 %. Today I received a call from a client who's on Equitable Life's Plan F She told me her semi-annual rate was jumping "a couple hundred dollars" effective May 1.
I went to my quote engine , after speaking with the client, to find that Equitable is now an AM Best "B" rated company. It was a B+ a few years ago when I was appointed.
Should I be concerned for my clients? Thanks.

I have Equitable for my wife and myself.. The rating does not concern me. I don't think I have gotten a notice of the rate increase in TN yet. I plan to change to Equitable's G if I can pass the underwriting.

Plan G increased 5% compared to Plan F's 9.5% in the states I market.

Good time to educate your clients about Plan G.

Back