Erie Agents Please

Matt B

Expert
Hey Folks-

I am looking for thoughts from an existing PA Erie Agent. My situation is this. Worked in a hybrid/captive family owned insurance agency for 10 years. Large book of business, 3 satellite locations including one Hispanic location. I personally went through Mentee programs, opened a successful satellite location from scratch, managed other locations, have P&C license, L&H, Series 6 and 63, understand commercial biz, did marketing, accounting & advertising.
I am considering an Erie shop for a number of different reasons. I won't list them all. If anyone has experience or an opinion on this topic, I would love to hear from you.
Maybe there is something I could help with as well?? I am new to the site and all of you in the forums seem open to sharing info.
Look forward to any responses.

Hello Everyone,

I am a licensed agent/producer in SC, NC, and VA and currently I’m appointed to Erie Insurance under an independent agent. We have other carriers but they are my main carrier. I’m opening my own independent office and was wondering if anyone knew if Erie could simply transfer the appointment (best case scenario) to my new agency being I’m already appointed or wouldp they require me to go through the lengthy 6-9 mos apppintment process?

I write a good amount of business with them (250K a year in 2018) so I was hoping they would make it easy for me.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back