Erie Agents

dean8287

Expert
Do any Erie agents out there use Accord forms as opposed to Apps on the web. This would save so much time for our agency so we can use the same forms for everyone.

Do any Erie agents out there use Accord forms as opposed to Apps on the web. This would save so much time for our agency so we can use the same forms for everyone.

I don't and never thought of that. I can't imagine that they would accept an accord app for a quote as their coverage and questions are different from industry standard.

Soon everything will be web based quoting so we won't have to worry about it!

I don't and never thought of that. I can't imagine that they would accept an accord app for a quote as their coverage and questions are different from industry standard. Soon everything will be web based quoting so we won't have to worry about it!

That's great. When is everything going to be rolled out web based? I was not aware of that?

That's great. When is everything going to be rolled out web based? I was not aware of that?

It's a slow process. They are slowly moving everything over to clion. Restaurants was recently, garages are coming in early 2016, and more to follow. Not sure if everything will eventually get there but most of their classes should.

I can't say that I have access to Erie, but I know with my other carriers, I have been slowly training them to allow me to use acords vs. their website. I'm young and very good with computers, but the website is just an excuse to take the brunt of the workload off the underwriters.

If you learn what information they need to quote and can get it to them in just a couple "back and forths", they usually will get more comfortable working with you and understanding that timing is important.

Most times, people send over half filled out apps, no photos and no story of what it is that you're trying to accomplish.

Maybe try a cover letter with your target premium, risk characteristics, any obstacles and some timing expectations. They might be willing to work with you using acords.

Back