Erie

saieddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm trying to get some new appointments for preferred auto and home carriers. Erie wants first right of refusal on preferred business. I hear they're a good company, but I don't want to commit if I think another company would be a better fit for the customer. I'm coming from a captive agency and loathe to want to get too beholden to just one company. Hartford and Travellers aren't asking for first right of refusal, what do ya'll think?

From my experience with Erie, they are first rate in most every area. They do want to be the lead company in the agency, but they "Will" earn the business. We have several preferred carriers in our office, Erie is still our #1

Anyone on here write P&C with Erie? If so what is the good, the bad, the ugly?

As a consumer, I've never heard of them. I'm scared to death to try a company that no one has every heard of.

I rather pay more and know who the company is and know they pay claims then try a new company that no one knows about and wonder how they pay claims.

I'm talking as a consumer.

Check the JD Power & Assocs rankings....they're no "unknown" just a regional carrier that most P & C agents would love to have in their offices

As a consumer, I've never heard of them. I'm scared to death to try a company that no one has every heard of. I rather pay more and know who the company is and know they pay claims then try a new company that no one knows about and wonder how they pay claims. I'm talking as a consumer.

In portions of IN, PA, & OH they are well known and respect. A good P&C.

I like what I hear about Erie, but do they offer 15% commission like most other companies?

Back