EOCoverage.Com

Errors and Omissions

Dec 5, 2007

1. Agent574

Agent574 New Member

Hello all. I’m brand new at insurance. I was promised a job upon completing the state exam. As I get deeper into this I’ve been running across some frightening concepts. Can someone explain what “Errors and Omissions” are? How worried should I be as long as I don’t lie, mislead or guess at something when explaining policies to clients? Thanks.

2. 2112Greg

2112Greg Guru

State:
    Texas
    As long as you done none of that, you'll be fine. Just get the E&O, as some carriers require it...you'll be fine.

No worries.

Be honest, be straight and always keep your clients best interests at heart. That's the key to this business.

:)

3. GoCubsGo

GoCubsGo Guru

State:
    Alabama
    Been an agent over 10 years and have never had an E&O claim. Never know anyone that has. What are some ways agent might get in trouble and need the E&O coverage? Anyone have any horror stories?

Merry Christmas!

GoCubsGo, Dec 18, 2011
  4. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Since you replied to a 4 year old post, I'm pretty sure it's no longer a NEW venture.

Rick

GreenSky, Dec 18, 2011
  5. jtm1240

jtm1240 Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Good point. I am new to the site and will be more careful in the future. Why would there be a four year old post?

jtm1240, Dec 19, 2011
  6. Neptune1

Neptune1 New Member

State:
    New York
    Hello all,
    I am new to this. Can someone tell me why a broker-dealer in New York can force New York agents to come under their E&O policy?
    Thanks

Neptune1, Dec 22, 2011