Errors and Omissions

Agent574

Hello all. I’m brand new at insurance. I was promised a job upon completing the state exam. As I get deeper into this I’ve been running across some frightening concepts. Can someone explain what “Errors and Omissions” are? How worried should I be as long as I don’t lie, mislead or guess at something when explaining policies to clients? Thanks.

As long as you done none of that, you'll be fine. Just get the E&O, as some carriers require it...you'll be fine.

No worries.

Be honest, be straight and always keep your clients best interests at heart. That's the key to this business.

:)

I have more than 40 years experience as an agent and E & O has been one of my specialties. I have worked with Florida agents with success and will be happy to help you in anyway that I can.

Usually it is not if an agent made an error or omission it is being able to document that you didn't. w
With out documentation it is your word against the clients.

The best to you in your new venture,

jim
[email protected]

Been an agent over 10 years and have never had an E&O claim. Never know anyone that has. What are some ways agent might get in trouble and need the E&O coverage? Anyone have any horror stories?

Merry Christmas!

Hello all,
I am new to this. Can someone tell me why a broker-dealer in New York can force New York agents to come under their E&O policy?
Thanks

Back