ESRD and Moving from CA to MO

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
I just got a call from a guy that has ESRD and gets dialysis treatment 3X/week. He is moving from Cali to Missouri in December. He is on SSDI Medicare and currently has Medi-Cal and a MAPD through CareMore. I have only dealt with an ESRD case once before and that guy had already received a transplant. This current guy is still waiting for a transplant.

What options (if any?) does this person have? I've already directed him to MO Medicaid to get that ball rolling now, if possible. There are no MAPD plans here that don't have ESRD as a knock-out. Something is tickling my brain about this type of situation creating a GI scenario for a med supp but I haven't found anything to verify that.

School me, please.

----------

Never mind, I think I found--

You have a guaranteed issue right (which means an insurance company can’t refuse to sell you a Medigap policy) in these situations:

You’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan, and your plan is leaving Medicare or stops giving care in your area, or you move out of the plan's service area.
You have the right to buy Medigap Plan A, B, C, F, K, or L that’s sold by any insurance company in your state.

You only have this right if you switch to Original Medicare rather than joining another Medicare Advantage Plan.

You can/must apply for a Medigap policy:

As early as 60 days before the date your coverage will end
No later than 63 calendar days after your coverage end
s

https://www.medicare.gov/supplement...eed-issue-rights-scenarios.html#collapse-4690

Correct?

Latest posts

Back