ESRD Regs/Medicare

I'd also suggest the client buy that gtl hospital indemnity plan as it's GI at 65. Often it's worth grabbing on top of a supplement bc esrd clients usually have frequent, lengthy hopsital stays!

I'd also suggest the client buy that gtl hospital indemnity plan as it's GI at 65. Often it's worth grabbing on top of a supplement bc esrd clients usually have frequent, lengthy hopsital stays!

I guess I'm not thinking enough outside the box...

All of the popular Medigaps cover Part A. What's the benefit of a Hospital Indemnity?

Unless it's a really good reason I just can't think of, you're over-insuring the client.

Just my two cents, so you are welcome to disregard...

If client has ESRD, the cost of dialysis on MA may be a deal breaker (in our area, every plan is 20%) unless its covered better where you are. I would generally try to push a Med Supp in this instance because when they get the first bill (there again, if the coverage in your area is similar to mine), you could get a rapid disenrollment when they realize how much they are paying versus a supplement.

If client has had a successful transplant or there is a SNP for ESRD, then MA may still possibly be the way to go depending on other factors which haven't been discussed here.

I would only disagree because it's only two months. Under 65/ERSD is crazy expensive. It doesn't appear that client is under dialysis.

Hello All,

I have a 64 yr old client on an ACA who had a kidney removed in Dec '2018.
I received a call yesterday that he just received Medicare A&B as of 10/1/2019.
He turns 65 because of age in Jan 2020.

I recommended the MAPD for 10/1-12/31 with same carrier as his ACA plan because he is underage
Then in Dec. I recommended we do a medicare supplement since he is aging-in in we have open enrollment.

I have been searching for the regs that allow me to do this.
Can't find anything on Medicare.gov.
maybe I'm phrasing/querying incorrectly?

can anyone help me find pronted rules of what I'm allowed to do??

thanks for any input.

You said he had a kidney removed is he on dialysis? What for? ESRD you are either on dialysis or making yourself comfortable for whatever short life you have left.

kstein said:

Unfortunately, it's not GI at that age in every State, such as NJ or PA...

Back